The Chad Watch

Creamsicle

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chad #1: "Oh darn! All the Bree is gone! Well, I guess I'll play my guitar for everyone in the middle of the living room."

-------------------

Setting- The Club:

Chad #2: "Hey baby, are those Fendi glasses?"

-------------------

Setting- House Party:

Chad #3: "Who wants to play beer pong?!?"

-------------------

Setting- In the mall:

Chad #4: "Hey let's stop by Abercrombie and Fitch, then I need to go buy some hair gel."

I think they like Jim. Palmer. Not Hunter.

Yeah, can't stand was probably too strong. But don't you figure that Palmer has that "I'm an all-time great and I know it" air about him most of the time, and that probably annoys the players? Anyway, I doubt they'd care about stealing his nickname is mostly my point.

Also, I doubt any of the players call Markakis "Kakes" - I think that's mostly for female fans and children - and none of the current players have any idea what Palmer's nickname might have been.

I can guarantee you nobody in the clubhouse calls Nick Kakes. That's because they know that that is Palmer's nick name and they have some respect for O's history..
I always sort of figured that the players mostly can't stand Jim Palmer, so I doubt they would care, even if they knew it was his nickname (which by the way they don't).

Yeah, I agree.

Palmer's "Cakes" nickname is not/was not as prevalent and often-used as others, such as "Dizzy" for Jerome Dean, or "Yogi" for Lawrence Berra.

I'm not in the Oriole locker room, so I (like yourself) am only speculating, but I think that it's fairly safe to presume that they aren't tiptoeing around calling the starting rightfielder "'Kakes" because of Jim Palmer's propensity to eat huge stacks of pancakes on days that he pitched.

Sorry but IMO referring to Manny as Chad is almost as dumb as referring to Markakis as Kakes. Glad to hear he is progressing though.

Thanks- if you hadn't spelled this out, I'd still be wondering who Chad is. Given that, I'll refrain from any hanging chad jokes. :D

As for kakes, I always preferred "Colossus" however given his power outage the last few years that name doesn't really work now.

Thanks- if you hadn't spelled this out, I'd still be wondering who Chad is. Given that, I'll refrain from any hanging chad jokes. :D

As for kakes, I always preferred "Colossus" however given his power outage the last few years that name doesn't really work now.

- Pink polos

- Popped collars

- “Whiskered” jeans

- Puka shell necklace

- Gaudy, shiny, but inexpsensive watch

- K-Swiss (in the late 90′s it was Adidas Superstars)

- Frosted tips

- Blingin’ earrings

- Nextel clipped to waist (how else will your Brosephs know if you’re at Lincoln Station, Grand Central, or Moe’s?)

- Bud Light can/bottle/red keg cup

lol, weams. I, too, sadly, got sucked in to reading a bunch of these definitions after you posted the link.

This one cracked me up especially when you consider it's really just a girl ranting about some Bro named Chad, and getting a little carried away with the details in the process:

N. A psychotic, cracked out, douche bag who has serious anger issues. Tends to make out with gay guys and take it up the ass while claiming to be straight . Also.tends to run away from a fight and thinks he's always right in any situation; a ***** who's only skinny because he sniffs coke all the damn time. **** Chad!

Elizabeth:

"Chad busted Jarret's windows out of his car."

Megan: "why?"

Elizabeth: "Because I dumped his crazy, gay ass for Jarrett"

Megan: "what a psycho!"

This one's not bad either:

Due to their common love of beer pong, ****y acoustic guitar playing, possible Frat house background and generally annoying, repulsive demeanor they are often confused with a Bro.

Setting- House Warming Party:

Chad #1: "Oh darn! All the Bree is gone! Well, I guess I'll play my guitar for everyone in the middle of the living room."

-------------------

Setting- The Club:

Chad #2: "Hey baby, are those Fendi glasses?"

-------------------

Setting- House Party:

Chad #3: "Who wants to play beer pong?!?"

-------------------

Setting- In the mall:

Chad #4: "Hey let's stop by Abercrombie and Fitch, then I need to go buy some hair gel."

Tbh, when I made the initial comment I had no idea that this whole "chad" phenomena existed, I just always thought Chad was a total Bro name.... I actually was trying to make a joke. Apparently I was just stating a fact, lol.

Anyways, I hope Chad Bradford is not reading, and I really hope Manny Machado is not reading, his name should be removed from this thread. In no way can we be allowing Manny to be called Chad.

Also, dumping Chad for Jarrett seems like a potentially slight upgrade in the bro department, Mark Reynolds to Wilson Betemit-esque perhaps. *

*apologies to anyone here named Jarrett

Archived