Does Anyone Else Not Like the Replay Addition?

Old#5fan

mylawnlarge2.jpg

Improve it, get it right, limit it. Oversee it better. It's been a long time coming.

Are you saying that if Clint told you to get off his lawn you wouldn't because he's to old to be taken seriously? I 'd be careful with him if I were you. Maybe you needed to pick a different "old guy".

Grumpy-old-man_Tongue.jpg

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like it but I do not like the managers delaying the game. They have to come out after every close play. The delay for the replay is one thing but waiting for the manager to get the signal from the dugout is another. Not sure what you can do about it but it's annoying.

Getting the call right is more important than worrying if the game runs for 3hr5min or 3hr8min imo.

That god awful play at home plate in the Pirates vs Braves 19-inning game that cost the Pirates the season. That blatant miscall that cost the Tiger's pitcher his perfect game. Replay will stop this from happening and I say good!

I like it but I do not like the managers delaying the game. They have to come out after every close play. The delay for the replay is one thing but waiting for the manager to get the signal from the dugout is another. Not sure what you can do about it but it's annoying.

I think they are delaying the game less now then when they would run out and pointlessly argue before.

Fix three things and it's golden for me.

1. FIX THE DANG TRANSFER RULE

2. Make it a bit faster

3. Coaches can't delay and look towards the dugout until they know it's a good play to challenge. At the very least, they should argue and make it exciting! ;)

I personally cannot stand the new replay rule addition.

I thought one of the knocks on MLB was the games lasted to long to begin with, and now we have this. I could see it being used in playoff games and WS but not for a regular game - one of 162 being played per team. Especially, I hate it on out or safe calls at first base during the beginning of the game or really at any time. I also thought it was a huge waste of time on that double by Markakis, yesterday, especially when it looked foul on the replay and they still called it fair. Even though it helped the Orioles in the end as it caused Lackey to have to throw extra warm up pitches, I didn't like it, and it was a waste of time that early in the game.

I absolutely find it absurd to stop the game, and force the pitcher into throwing extra warm up pitches that actually can be harmful as they add to his pitch count unnecessarily. I wish they would scrap this stupid experiement right now. Anyone else agree?

I hate replay in any sport. I hate it in football and I hate it in MLB.

Replay has helped us in the last two games. Today it just happened obviously and last night with the double on the first pitch of the game Farrell made his SP stand there after having warmed up for what seemed like forever before the call eventually was upheld. Lackey and Farrell looked like they were "debating" in the dugout after the top half of the inning and Lackey looked visibly annoyed. All of that helps us.

I prefer having replay to having a manager (let's say Buck in this instance) going out and arguing pointlessly for 7 or 8 minutes and then eventually getting tossed, no longer managing the game.

What I think they should do is create a time limit from the time they are connected to the office in NY, say, 2 minutes. If it's not figured out by then the ruling on the field should stand.

Also the manager coming out to ask the umpire to "take a look" which last night was basically a 2nd challenge for Boston: what umpire is going to say no? If you use your challenge on the first pitch of the game you shouldn't have the right to come out and basically challenge again. I think that's crap.

I hate replay in any sport. I hate it in football and I hate it in MLB.

It is really beneficial in football, especially on down by contact, touchdowns at the goaline and stepping out of bounds. Baseball in regular season it isn't needed other than maybe fan interference or fair or foul home runs.

Archived