Kevin Gausman Today, 2014.

Bahama O's Fan

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, it would appear the Orioles know what they're doing. His results at AAA seem pretty irrelevant at this point. Mediocre slider or not, the change and splitter are a pretty devastating complement to his FB and he is pounding the bottom sector of the plate amazingly well. To me it seems like his fastball (whethr they are 4s or 2s) have different movements/actions: cuts, sink. straight and/or tails at times. What i was most impressed with today is how he elevated with his FB and changed the eye level against a few guys (AB's by Loney and Longoria in particular come to mind) and easily finished them off with K's. I'd like to see him do more of that. Pretty great stuff.

Kudos to stotle and Vatech (and socalbirdfan).

Plus JJ Hardy gave them an extra out in the 1st, but KG pitched out of trouble (bases loaded, no outs; got two strikeouts and a popup).

Really hard to take him out of the rotation now. He is arguably our best pitcher.

I don't see how there would even be an argument.

He's doing great, but I have to mention this with an eye moving forward: Gausman walked only one batter and struck out a solid five in 6IP. How the heck did he need 111 pitches? It seems like inflated pitch counts are an epidemic in Baltimore.

He's doing great, but I have to mention this with an eye moving forward: Gausman walked only one batter and struck out a solid five in 6IP. How the heck did he need 111 pitches? It seems like inflated pitch counts are an epidemic in Baltimore.

Walked the first batter he faced. He had to get three extra outs due to fielding and the ump. Two of those happened in the first inning, when he got out of a bases loaded jam with no outs.

So, he pitched the equivalent of 7 innings.

Yeah, it would appear the Orioles know what they're doing. His results at AAA seem pretty irrelevant at this point. Mediocre slider or not, the change and splitter are a pretty devastating complement to his FB and he is pounding the bottom sector of the plate amazingly well. To me it seems like his fastball (whethr they are 4s or 2s) have different movements/actions: cuts, sink. straight and/or tails at times. What i was most impressed with today is how he elevated with his FB and changed the eye level against a few guys (AB's by Loney and Longoria in particular come to mind) and easily finished them off with K's. I'd like to see him do more of that. Pretty great stuff.

Kudos to stotle and Vatech.

My fight won't be won until he is firmly considered the top talent from his draft class. Still needs to overcome Buxton, Correa, and Wacha in the public eye...

35 pitches in the first inning. Did well after that. Besides the errors I also thought he was squeezed a little bit as well. I think elevating more often will help as well.

76 pitches the last 5 innings. Not bad.

76 pitches the last 5 innings. Not bad.

Not bad at all! Especially since he had almost no rest between the long first inning and the second. Impressive mental composure to come back from his frustration with the ump (incl. being stared down by him all the way to the dugout after the first). Also, rose to the challenge of the duel with Cobb.

Ouch, Wacha has a sizable lead.

Yup. Changing the minds of the fans is the big fight. Wacha only has like 150 IP and 3 WAR tallied, so the evidenced-based argument could be made as early as next summer if Gaus takes off!

Yup. Changing the minds of the fans is the big fight. Wacha only has like 150 IP and 3 WAR tallied, so the evidenced-based argument could be made as early as next summer if Gaus takes off!

But primetime playoff dominance.

The stat guys will be the easy sell.

Archived