Kevin Gausman Today, 2014.

Bahama O's Fan

He's not ready and it's a stupid move to bring him up again. He should be developing in AAA instead of being yo-yo'd around. The Orioles could spot start a number of guys and Santana is close to being ready. There's no need to bring Gausman up.

Assuming Santana isn't ready, who do you think are the other options?

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Assuming Santana isn't ready, who do you think are the other options?

They could start McFarland. They could promote Nick Additon to the pen and put Almanzar on the 60 day DL to make room on the 40 man roster.

Is that better? Gausman? McFarland? Its a crap shoot.

I was at the game on Wednesday. His fastball was 94-97. He couldn't control his off speed pitches at all and wasn't close to the plate with them. The home run hit off of him was an opposite field bomb. Only 1 inning but he looked really bad.

Yoon just pitched back to back 7 inning games and he was on his way in the 3rd before a line drive hit him. He throws strikes too. He could get bombed but so could Gausman. Gausman needs an extended stretch in AAA, IMO. If McFarland hadn't pitched last night, he'd be a option. Gamboa too but he'd require a 40 man move, I believe.

I've been watching yoon down here in Norfolk......from what I've seen he is wada part 2.

If he ever pitches in Baltimore I will be very surprised.

Sorry Orioles you don't treat one of your top pitching prospect like this.

Pneumonia + Short rest = Tigers rocked him

Tomorrow he's going on short rest again = This wont end well.

Leave him in AAA or Leave him the starting 5 this yo yo crap is getting old.

I couldn't agree more. Spot on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He is not on short rest he just got in a side session the other day so he was not on 8 days rest. They decided it was better to get the session in on the game then just skipping him and having 8 days rest.

Well Im inclined to agree, somewhat. But this "short rest" is off an appearance where he only threw 25 pitches. Gausman is in a much better situation than last time when he was only on 3 days rest and pitched more innings and threw a lot more.And he's healthy. I wish they'd give him FULL rest though.

26 pitches.

None of this is ideal but that is what injuries do. The club has to respond the best way they can. I actually believe the O's are in better position than most organizations to deal with these kind of unexpected hiccups. Yes it comes at a horrible time right when we are entering a VERY tough portion of our schedule. But, I for one am done whining about it and I'm just going to hope for the best and support the team.

Archived