Angelos yet to sign off? ESPN

minnesotaoriole

PA will sign off on a Bedard trade, but he won't sign off on Roberts, unless Roberts personally tells PA to trade him.

I had a feeling it would be something like this. PA would rather keep Roberts around for various reasons. We can debate these until we are blue in the face.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't see what he would veto it for, I personally would have traded Bedard for Jones, and just 1 other player(kudos to mcphail for getting more). That is how good Jones is. He should have just let his secretary stamp it for him.

C'mon, let's get this done

Guest rochester
As a Cub fan I feel your pain. When the Cubs are a playoff contender all we hear from ESPN and FOX is about goat curses, blackcats and a poor fan named Bartman. Can't these "journalists" come up with something new?

I would just be happy if The Cubs could win the WS by beating Boston or New York....

Yeah BB - he does, ANgelos still needs to give the final stamp like any other owner would.

He let Miguel go easily, no reason this one won't go either.

This is just piling on by ESPN

I don't think I've ever read one of these stories of trade negotiations where the OTHER team's owner was the holdup. Why do you think that is?:rolleyes:

Archived