Should the O's fire Jim Presley?

webbrick2010

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thome and Davis were in the same BP group.; They talked hitting a lot and Thome knows a lot about hitting. Even more than Weams does if you can imagine that. He suggested Davis use a heavier bat to slow his swing down and let it stay in the zone longer. Davis tried Thome's heavier bat with good results. Presley helped by getting Davis to stand more upright.

He gave him his bat to try. I am sure he gave advice as well. I know nothing about teaching hitting. I have no idea about the All Star game thing since I thought last season was the first time for Chris as an All Star and most of his magnificent season occurred before that Homer Run derby. I know that Buck said that Jim and Chris and Ryan had a lot of meaningful time together. I have no idea what they discussed.

He would probably give Brady a run for his money.

I passed him at the Virgin America baggage claim last week in LAX. He was standing there wearing the ST hat, leaning up against a wall and I knew instantly who he was.

Unfortunately, I had a client and we had just collected her bags. I would have loved to bend his ear. Instead as I passed him I just said hello and good luck with the team.

Archived