Batting third, and playing RF - Francisco Peguero

wildcard

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's always possible that Lough and Peguero could both be on the team. A lot can change in 20 days. Wieters could be catching again. Lough could starting hitting a little and the O's could decide to go with Lough in LF, Cruz at DH, and Schoop at 2B, leaving a bench of Clevenger, Flaherty, Pearce, annnnnd Peguero, with Delmon Young being the odd man out.

I suppose you are right (particularly about Young) but Lough and Peguero doesn't thrill me either.

I don't see how he fits for us. Lough has certainly stunk offensively but I'd be surprised if they DFA'd Lough for him, and we need a LH bat.

The way Lough is (not) hitting, there is no advantage to the fact that he is left handed. There are plenty of RH hitters who can do much better than Lough's current .197/.242/.259 vs. RHP. Lough's fielding is good, but not good enough to carry that bat if there's a better hitting alternative who can also play all three OF spots. So, if Lough doesn't pick up the pace in the next 3 weeks and Peguero hits well at Norfolk, I'd say the O's would rather risk losing Lough on a waiver claim than risk losing Peguero. But, let's see how the three weeks play out.

At Norfolk.

I don't know how his 20 day rehab will go but I am interested to follow what he does and see if it leads to Baltimore.

I am sure David Lough is interested also.

http://norfolk.tides.milb.com/index.jsp?sid=t568

Had a dinner date last night with the misses but even if I didn't would have turned between Wizards and Orioles but agree 100%, I want to see him play. Did anyone see him?

I think the most likely scenario if he does well in Norfolk is for Lough to feel some "tightness" and disappear for 15 days or so. We will see if that happens. That is my bet. My guess is he has been playing slightly hurt this whole time. Just a guess though.

Had a dinner date last night with the misses but even if I didn't would have turned between Wizards and Orioles but agree 100%, I want to see him play. Did anyone see him?

I think the most likely scenario if he does well in Norfolk is for Lough to feel some "tightness" and disappear for 15 days or so. We will see if that happens. That is my bet. My guess is he has been playing slightly hurt this whole time. Just a guess though.

I am taking it one step at a time. First, does Peguero do well on his rehab. Just waiting and watching to see how that goes.

As long as Wieters can't play the field, Cruz will be the starting LF against all pitching. Note that Lough has come in for late inning defense in each of the last four games.

20 days? If it takes that long he'll probably need surgery.

You have a very unusual idea about how this works. It does not work the way you think that injury does.

With Davis coming back, I don't understand the Wieters move (or lack there of). His bat has been great, granted. But if he can't catch, it seems to me that with Davis (and Manny now) back, they'd be better to put him on the 15 day DL. Otherwise, they'll lose Young. Young may hit as well as Wieters for the 15 days anyway. Losing Young may be a big deal once they go down to 2 catchers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't see how he fits for us. Lough has certainly stunk offensively but I'd be surprised if they DFA'd Lough for him, and we need a LH bat.

I don't know if he's hurt, but that LH bat sure doesn't look like Urrutia. May as well keep Lough.

Archived