Orioles are aggressively looking for backup catcher.

Greg

Roch spent over 20 years at the Baltimore Sun covering sports, primarily the Orioles. You are entitled to your opinion, but it would be nice if you didn't ignore facts. To say that Roch is not a "sports report or an analyst" is flat out false. Do you have to agree with him? Not at all. But, he is a career sports journalist who covered the O's professionally for years and continues to do so in his role for MASN and as a guest on local radio.

Don't waste your keystrokes. He's just old, bitter, and jealous.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Roch spent over 20 years at the Baltimore Sun covering sports, primarily the Orioles. You are entitled to your opinion, but it would be nice if you didn't ignore facts. To say that Roch is not a "sports report or an analyst" is flat out false. Do you have to agree with him? Not at all. But, he is a career sports journalist who covered the O's professionally for years and continues to do so in his role for MASN and as a guest on local radio.
I'd agree that he is a careerist. Analyst?> Not b=very good if he is one. Mad Dog is better and he's an entertainer. Maybe he was technically a reporter for the Sun but he was no Boswell. Not even a Rosenthal, Schmuck, or Connolly. And way below Britt. He's a Bob Turk of sports reporting. I wonder if he does parties.

I was basing this on Weams' statement that catchers don't return from TJ surgery. Unless he was saying it tongue and cheek and it went over my head.

I've heard it mentioned multiple times. I guess we will see.

What a huge tease last week was. I thought we were out of the woods and that he'd be fine with rest. Now TJ Surgery is back in the discussion. A kick to the groin...

For the future. Flexor mass, forearm pain? T.J.

It's like posting in a game thread that any certain batter will fail. In any certain situation. You will be a hero to your peers 72% of the time.

I wonder, and I know it isn't an option for a catcher, if it wouldn't be easier to learn to throw with your non-dominant arm as a position player?

There have been pitchers that could pitch with both arms. Gotta figure throws from left field are an order of magnitude easier then that.

Archived