MLB.com: Monday Afternoon MacPhail Quotes

dkdc

Guest oriofan8

I don't get it....

If I was another teams GM...I'd rather take a "beating" than have to deal with the Oriole FO.

I know NO facts....just seems very unprofessional.

...and as a FAN...I feel lied to, or at least "talked down" to.

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Roberts deal was supposedly killed by MacPhail and he's yanked the rug out from Bavasi a few times already...

So I guess Adam Jones is in Baltimore to see the sights for awhile. Maybe he'll enjoy the Sports Legends Museum...

Bavasi also said this deal was not done last night. It's not just AM. They're likely the only two people who know what's really going down, mb we should start listening to them.

This is sickening. If he HAS made a deal and is just covering it up, what's the point? God forbid O's fans have something to look forward to.

If there isn't a deal, why the hell not? Enough is enough. You're not gonna get a better deal than what Seattle has offered. Take it and move on.

I gave MacPhail the benfit of the doubt before, but enough is enough. Poop or get off the pot. I am sick of this now. Whether Bigbird was right before or not about Angelos, I will say I am sorry. Not because I think I was wrong. I am sorry that this damn FO caused me to have a disagreement with a very respected poster. I still feel like this is MacPhail, and not Angelos, but wither way, its gotten to a point of ridculousness. Wake me on March 31st! :mad:

Bigbird and MinnesotaO's fan (or whatever your handle is) I apologize.

He can't say anything until everything is approved by the league. He can either deny or no comment.

Wow, if this deal doesn't happen, I'll probably never believe anything I read about the O's again.

Things we do know. Jones was pulled from game 4 of the championship series in Venezuela. At least according to him, he's on a plane for his physical, somewhere. Every major sports news outlet is reporting the deal, including the O's & Mariner's official sites.

If this deal gets killed, we are really going to take a huge PR hit, HUGE, IMO. Even if all these rumored deals between the Mariners & Cubs were not MacPhail/Angelos' fault, the court of public opinion is going to hang him and Angelos.

If you were a GM, would you even consider getting into negotiations with the O's after the last two public debacles?

What I dont understand is why would Jones lie?

What I don't get is that why would MacPhail not address the comments made by Jones. In his quote hear, he sums up everything as pure speculation which obviously isn't the case if you read Jones's comments. Jones's comments are of something definitive and done pending his physical and not speculation...

Wow, if this deal doesn't happen, I'll probably never believe anything I read about the O's again.

Things we do know. Jones was pulled from game 4 of the championship series in Venezuela. At least according to him, he's on a plane for his physical, somewhere. Every major sports news outlet is reporting the deal, including the O's & Mariner's official sites.

If this deal gets killed, we are really going to take a huge PR hit, HUGE, IMO. Even if all these rumored deals between the Mariners & Cubs were not MacPhail/Angelos' fault, the court of public opinion is going to hang him and Angelos.

If you were a GM, would you even consider getting into negotiations with the O's after the last two public debacles?

I would concur with this assessment. Even if its Seattle backing out of the deal, this still reaks of ineptness on the part of Orioles' management.

I'm truly beginning to wonder if MacPhail was the right guy for this rebuild.

A misunderstanding? He read between the lines too much? He said something like 'If I'm going to be in Baltimore and it looks as though I am......', which could easily be misconstrued.

Ok id believe that if Sojo hadnt said yeah he is headed to Bmore for a physical. You dont leave a Championship game on a whim.

Archived