Davis Up, Wieters to DL

Can_of_corn

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't think we can win anything if Wieters is gone for the season.Just my opinion.

That's an exaggeration. The O's have been winning the past week essentially without Wieters. Whether the Orioles will win or not will come down to the pitching.

Not sounding good.

Wieters is "DH-able," Showalter added, but the elbow isn't going to be right if he has to keep interrupting treatment to swing a bat and play in games. May as well shut him down.

Wieters will travel with the club while he's on the DL.

Showalter also indicated that surgery would become an option if Wieters still can't throw by July 1.

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/atom.xml

You guys ready for next level concern?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Os will re-evaluate Wieters and if he's not ready in 6 weeks, they could opt for surgery. Still hoping that's not an option tho</p>? Brittany Ghiroli (@Britt_Ghiroli) <a href="

">May 11, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

It is looking more and more like the Bundy situation.

Oh gosh. I sure hope not.

That's an exaggeration. The O's have been winning the past week essentially without Wieters. Whether the Orioles will win or not will come down to the pitching.
Yes and we all know a catcher has absolutely nothing to do with that, other than keeping the ball from rolling to the backstop and fooling umpires by framing pitches..

I don't think we can win anything if Wieters is gone for the season.Just my opinion.

Only thing we will miss is his arm

Grasping for some sort of silver lining I'm sure but, are we positive that it is Tommy John surgery that Wieters will need if his elbow is still sore come July 1? Has it been reported that there is indeed a tear in Matt's UCL?

Is it possible that there is a different type of ailment in his elbow that could require surgery that isn't Tommy John? I've heard "flexor mass" thrown around but not UCL tear. I know that flexor mass can be a precursor to a UCL tear. Just curious, I have no idea. For whatever reason the Orioles are being super vague, IMO, about the severity of his injury.

I believe Matt Latos is dealing with a flexor mass strain right now. He is expected back, I believe.

Grasping for some sort of silver lining I'm sure but, are we positive that it is Tommy John surgery that Wieters will need if his elbow is still sore come July 1? Has it been reported that there is indeed a tear in Matt's UCL?

Is it possible that there is a different type of ailment in his elbow that could require surgery that isn't Tommy John? I've heard "flexor mass" thrown around but not UCL tear. I know that flexor mass can be a precursor to a UCL tear. Just curious, I have no idea. For whatever reason the Orioles are being super vague, IMO, about the severity of his injury.

I believe Matt Latos is dealing with a flexor mass strain right now. He is expected back, I believe.

What has me thinking the worse (well aside from my pessimistic nature) is this whole thing is unfolding almost note for note like it did for Bundy last year.

I know it's not a nice thing to say, but if Wieters needs TJ surgery on his throwing elbow, wouldn't the team be better off just using him as a DH for the rest of the season? TJ surgery in 6 weeks means missing all of this season and most of next season, and then he's a free agent.

I know it's not a nice thing to say, but if Wieters needs TJ surgery on his throwing elbow, wouldn't the team be better off just using him as a DH for the rest of the season? TJ surgery in 6 weeks means missing all of this season and most of next season, and then he's a free agent.

TJ in six weeks means being full go for ST next season as long as he doesn't have any set backs.

Archived