Orioles will recall RHP Preston Guilmet

Greg

Agree 110% but he is still the best closer in the organization regardless of that.

Even though he's never closed?

The 9th inning is only one out of nine innings. We lost yesterday's game in the first.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Interesting move, call up a guy with AAA closer experience while Tommy is struggling. I wonder if Britton is taking over and Guillmet goes into the mix for Britton's spot. Who is our long man?

Or is this just a temporary move while TJ won't be available for a few days?

I hope temporary. You don't want to move Britton. He is having success where he

is. IMO

Interesting move, call up a guy with AAA closer experience while Tommy is struggling. I wonder if Britton is taking over and Guillmet goes into the mix for Britton's spot. Who is our long man?

Or is this just a temporary move while TJ won't be available for a few days?

This makes it surprising they called up Guilmet. I thought Buck would want someone with some length. I was expecting Steve Johnson (since Stinson is off the 40-man.)

This makes it surprising they called up Guilmet. I thought Buck would want someone with some length. I was expecting Steve Johnson (since Stinson is off the 40-man.)

Current Tigers are 3 for 9 with 2 home runs off Johnson.

Steve Johnson looked to be the guy, then they went in another direction.

I expect to see to Gausman on Thursday. I believe the O's management think he is ready for the majors. Guilmet is just a fill in until Gausman is available. Gausman pitched on Sat. and is not available until Thursday.

Just mine opinion.

Archived