Kevin Gausman is expected to be removed from the Orioles' rotation when Miguel Gonzalez comes back.

Greg

Kevin Gausman - S - Orioles

Kevin Gausman is expected to be removed from the Orioles' rotation when Miguel Gonzalez (oblique) returns from the disabled list.

Gonzalez could replace Gausman as soon as early next week, or he could make another rehab start. Gausman has been terrific in both of his starts since his recall -- against the A's and Blue Jays, no less -- but he's still going to be either sent to the bullpen or to Triple-A. Manager Buck Showalter previously brought up the possibility of a six-man rotation, but he ruled that out Thursday.

Source: Baltimore Sun

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/mlb/7026/kevin-gausman

Only the Orioles folks.

gif-zach-head-shake.gif?w=640

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kevin Gausman is expected to be removed from the Orioles' rotation when Miguel Gonzalez (oblique) returns from the disabled list.

Gonzalez could replace Gausman as soon as early next week, or he could make another rehab start. Gausman has been terrific in both of his starts since his recall -- against the A's and Blue Jays, no less -- but he's still going to be either sent to the bullpen or to Triple-A. Manager Buck Showalter previously brought up the possibility of a six-man rotation, but he ruled that out Thursday.

Only the Orioles folks.

I read that earlier but no quotes or anything who expects him to go down the ball boy the drunk fan or is this Buck saying it. He may not stay in there but this is not news at all because the report gives no detail to where this came from

Only the Orioles folks.

gif-zach-head-shake.gif?w=640

Don't you imagine other teams managers do the same thing? Or other teams GM's

do that.

Don't you imagine other teams managers do the same thing? Or other teams GM's

do that.

No i don't any other team would send him down. You can sugar coat it all you want.

There is absolutely nothing in the Baltimore Sun article that Rotoworld links to that indicates Gausman is going down for Gonzalez.

Once Gonzalez returns, the club needs to make room for him in the rotation. Right-hander Kevin Gausman has made three starts this season, including Thursday against the Blue Jays, and could be sent back to Triple-A Norfolk or put into the bullpen.

That is the extent of it, just Connolly stating the obvious that Gausman could be sent down or put in the bullpen. Let's let the Orioles actually make a decision before killing them for it.

There is absolutely nothing in the Baltimore Sun article that Rotoworld links to that indicates Gausman is going down for Gonzalez.

That is the extent of it, just Connolly stating the obvious that Gausman could be sent down or put in the bullpen. Let's let the Orioles actually make a decision before killing them for it.

Yup just saw that i don't know how Rotoworld got expected out of that.

Just saw this as well. All I can say is I'm praying this is BS speculation from Rotoworld.com and not the truth. I understand Buck is loyal to his guys but you can't give me one logical reason to justify removing him from the rotation. There is no way that Buck can seriously believe that this team is better without Gausman in the rotation than isn't it. His stuff is beyond better than every other one of our starters'.

A relative of mine used to work for the Sun. Someone posted on his FB page that he heard this exact thing yesterday.

My guess is this has legs.

It is as dumb as I could possibly imagine removing Gausman after finally getting him to perform.

The Orioles sure do make some really stupid decisions. Go with a 6-man or find a phantom injury for UJ. Heck, move him to the pen as another posted suggested. Might get him back on track.

But removing Gausman after 2 really good outings when he is the future is moronic to epic levels.

No i don't any other team would send him down. You can sugar coat it all you want.

I am not sugar coating anything. I am asking an honest question. But I should

have known the answer. You seem to enjoy taking shots at the O's FO. What

would you say the O's do with Gonzo when he is ready to come back? BP?

Archived