Kevin Gausman is expected to be removed from the Orioles' rotation when Miguel Gonzalez comes back.

Greg

I am not sugar coating anything. I am asking an honest question. But I should

have known the answer. You seem to enjoy taking shots at the O's FO. What

would you say the O's do with Gonzo when he is ready to come back? BP?

Gausman stays in rotation no matter what he's the future. The Up and Down with him is getting old.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why? Ubaldo could hit the ball boy 4 times and he'd still be in the rotation.

Not if Buck has five starters pitching better than Ubaldo. Buck wants to win. And nothing is permanent. Buck will switch guys in and out for the rotation.

Not if Buck has five starters pitching better than Ubaldo. Buck wants to win. And nothing is permanent. Buck will switch guys in and out for the rotation.

I don't think so. Certainly not yet. Ubaldo would have to go down the tubes pretty bad for a few more starts and/or be injured to lose his spot imo. He has been extending starts for some guys this year, giving them an extra day at times (i.e. Chen and Gonzo). That has mostly involved an off day or a guy coming up for a spot start like Gausman did earlier in the year. Other than that going to 6 starters is likely going to involve a short bench and I don't see that happening. Maybe they can do something creative in the short term, but I don't see it as a longer term strategy.

You can't keep sending KG back and forth and he has earned (for now) a stay with the big club.

I'm going to hope that one of two things happens....

1) The Orioles stick to a 5 man rotation, but utilize 6 starters.

2) Another DL move (nothing serious of course)

Gausman stays in rotation no matter what he's the future. The Up and Down with him is getting old.

Well there will be too many starters. One to the BP or a trade. Can't cut Jimenez

makes too much money. Chen, Norris or Gonzo. Which one you cut or to the BP?

I just don't think it is as cut and dried as we fans think it is. IMO

I think this is rotoworld misinterpreting what The Sun article actually says. Rotoworld might even end up correcting that post if it is brought to their attention.

That being said, despite Gausman pitching well his last two starts (especially the Oakland game), it wouldn't surprise me at all to see him sent back down when Gonzo is ready. Tillman, even though the results were good, still wasn't sharp his last time out. I think Gonzo could eventually end up in the pen or Tillman could still end up on the DL if he doesn't show consistency.

6 starters? Let them take turns working in the bullpen. Keep a five-man rotation but give them each a rest from time to time by lightening their load. I'd rather have one of our starters coming in as long relief over McFarland or Brach.

Well there will be too many starters. One to the BP or a trade. Can't cut Jimenez

makes too much money. Chen, Norris or Gonzo. Which one you cut or to the BP?

I just don't think it is as cut and dried as we fans think it is. IMO

It isn't cut and dry at all.

Chen is the TOR of the rotation right now, Norris looks really good after working on his third pitch. Gonzo won his last two games before going on the DL.

I don't know what they are gonna do but i think a lot of people are being a little hard on Ubaldo because of his last start which i can somewhat understand because he was awful. However he had the best ERA of any of the starters in May at 3.12. He has surely walked a bunch but up until that start in Oakland he had an ERA under 3 since April.

Archived