Kevin Gausman is expected to be removed from the Orioles' rotation when Miguel Gonzalez comes back.

Greg

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yup just saw that i don't know how Rotoworld got expected out of that.

You, me, and ROTOworld do not know how this will play out.. And at this point we have equally valid suppositions. No one at the Sun or formerly of the Sun knows either.

Yeah, not a fan. I prefer places that don't speculate with information in media and then call it news. Although, this can be said of many media outlets today.Maybe that is why it changed from news to media. Drives people to websites, incrementally lowering standards.

You know, I will break one of my rules here. If Birdland wanted to have a job in the industry, he absolutely has the skill set to work for ROTOworld. He'd do well working for them, and I mean that most sincerely.

You know, I will break one of my rules here. If Birdland wanted to have a job in the industry, he absolutely has the skill set to work for ROTOworld. He'd do well working for them, and I mean that most sincerely.

Well, I've always had a deep respect, and I mean that most sincerely.

Let's wait to see how Ubaldo does before trying to guess what Buck will do with the rotation.

I don't think that's going to matter much. Ubaldo isn't going to the pen, if he was he'd be there already. BUT I'm hoping that those who make these decisions come around and keep Gausman in the rotation. Sending either Ubaldo to the pen, or Gonzales to the pen would be fine with me. Even better is to trade one of the starters- anyone except for Ubaldo is tradeable. If it were me, the trade would come down to Norris or Gonzales and I'd trade Gonzales. The O's need to really start thinking of who should be traded soon since next year both Gausman and Bundy will be in the rotation, and Gausman is ready now. At the very least, move one of the struggling starters to the pen so Gausman stays. Speaking to the choir on this board I know.

Gonzales most likely, is coming back and staying in the rotation so you kind of have to send Gausman back to Norfolk so he can get regular starts. But I would expect the Norfolk coffee to still be hot when a deal is done and he's brought back up. It makes too much sense. I'm sure DD wanted to make sure Gausman didn't get lit up again like in Detroit before dialing for dollars, and he's busy making calls now. Just a timing thing and I would expect Gausman back up soon if he does go back to Norfolk.

That seems like a big assumption to me. Long men don't pitch just in blowouts. Sometimes a starter keeps the opposition down but throws a lot of pitches. Sometimes they have a bad day but the game is still close.

I said "most" of the situations, not all. And no matter how much they'd deny it or try not to be distracted by the issue, I think it wd be a blow to any of the current starters' morale to be relegated to a long relief role unless it was just to work out a kink after minor rehab or being called upon in an emergency situation (injury to the game's starter, nobody ready at Bowie or Norfolk to call up, etc.). I do think it wd be seen as being relegated to a lesser role and, at this point, I don't see enough of a difference between the top six starter candidates to justify that unavoidably public judgement (unlike the stark difference between Hunter and Britton when it came to closing). Ubaldo and Tillman may have been blown out more often and drastically than the other pitchers, but they've also shown the ability this season to come through with top-level performances. I don't think they're Jake Arrieta-type cases yet (or Matusz or Britton when they were demoted from starting).

I said "most" of the situations, not all. And no matter how much they'd deny it or try not to be distracted by the issue, I think it wd be a blow to any of the current starters' morale to be relegated to a long relief role unless it was just to work out a kink after minor rehab or being called upon in an emergency situation (injury to the game's starter, nobody ready at Bowie or Norfolk to call up, etc.). I do think it wd be seen as being relegated to a lesser role and, at this point, I don't see enough of a difference between the top six starter candidates to justify that unavoidably public judgement (unlike the stark difference between Hunter and Britton when it came to closing). Ubaldo and Tillman may have been blown out more often and drastically than the other pitchers, but they've also shown the ability this season to come through with top-level performances. I don't think they're Jake Arrieta-type cases yet (or Matusz or Britton when they were demoted from starting).

Why would they take it as a demotion if they rotated in that role and didn't stay in it for more than 10 days? Just a way to give them each a break during the dog days of summer.

Why do we always fall for this shorthand speak. Neither Buck nor DD are speaking directly to us when they parcel out quotes. They are speaking to other GM's or our own players to nudge and prod them in the direction they want. You could just as easily read into that snippet that they are confident enough in all of the starters that they need to send one down even if it is Gausman. Who knows, maybe they just got off the phone with someone looking to offer a boatload for Gonzo? Point is, let's wait until they make the move to criticize it. They rarely speak without a purpose. I don't know what the purpose of the 6 man rotation talk was, but I am pretty sure it wasn't accidental. And I'm sure Buck wasn't trying to make sure I had all the information that he had.:laughlol:

Why? Ubaldo could hit the ball boy 4 times, and he'd still be in the rotation.

4 punches to the ball boy's midsection should be good enough for a knockout. He's only 13 years-old.

A few more easy bouts, then move him up to 8 and 10-rounders against trial-horses.

He's probably about 2 years away from a title shot.

That seems like a big assumption to me. Long men don't pitch just in blowouts. Sometimes a starter keeps the opposition down but throws a lot of pitches. Sometimes they have a bad day but the game is still close.

Additionally, when the bullpen is taxed, he could pitch a strong 7th, 8th, and 9th inning.

Archived