Kevin Gausman is expected to be removed from the Orioles' rotation when Miguel Gonzalez comes back.

Greg

Today Buck announced that both Gonzalez (Tuesday) and Gausman(Tuesday or Wednesday) will start next week, contingent on the Orioles not needing long relief tomorrow during Tillman's start. If Gonzalez pitches in long relief, Gausman would move up to start Tuesday. Gausman is not being sent down at this time. Rotoworld was/is wrong.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Today Buck announced that both Gonzalez (Tuesday) and Gausman(Tuesday or Wednesday) will start next week, contingent on the Orioles not needing long relief tomorrow during Tillman's start. If Gonzalez pitches in long relief, Gausman would move up to start Tuesday. Gausman is not being sent down at this time. Rotoworld was/is wrong.

Birdland should send an angry tweet to Rotoworld.

Birdland should send an angry tweet to Rotoworld.

Amazing isn't it.

This is what I would have guessed, I think we'll have a 5 man rotation with 6 starters for now.

I think the Orioles will let this shake out before making any moves regarding the 6 starters.

After some ridiculous yo-yo-ing on short rest, etc. Gausman is finally starting to gel. Please don't mess this up again guys. I worry about another yo-yo or bullpen stint because they are afraid to pull the trigger.

Machado talked about it recently... the most important thing is routine. Let's give Gausman a chance to get into one. It was once theorized that this was why Davis didn't produce in Texas. He never had the security to get a solid routine.

After some ridiculous yo-yo-ing on short rest, etc. Gausman is finally starting to gel. Please don't mess this up again guys. I worry about another yo-yo or bullpen stint because they are afraid to pull the trigger.

Machado talked about it recently... the most important thing is routine. Let's give Gausman a chance to get into one. It was once theorized that this was why Davis didn't produce in Texas. He never had the security to get a solid routine.

It wasn't rediculous. It wasn't Yo-Yo'd. It was short and it did not work against what at that point was the hottest hitting team out there. I'm glad he was not scared after pitching short after a 72 pitch outing. Glad he got good again. Injuries and poor performance caused it, not whim.

Archived