2. Steve Pearce LF

3. Nelson Cruz DH

4. Adam Jones CF

5. Manny Machado 3B

6. Chris Davis 1B

7. JJ Hardy SS

8. Jonathan Schoop 2B

9. Nick Hundley C

I keep Davis sixth just to break up the long parade of righties.

What a lineup. Sigh.

36 minutes ago, Natty said:

I guess you all missed his infield grounder in last night's game where Manny just trotted slowly to first showing absolutely no hustle. 

I did miss it.   I missed most of the game.     

I’m not going to say Manny runs out every ground ball 100%.    I do think it’s overstated in comparison to other players.    And I’ll take the homer and walk in 4 plate appearances with a great defensive play, the 1.068 OPS, and the 6 homers, 7 doubles, and 15 RBI in 20 games, worth 1.0 WAR already, 1/8th into the season.  

14 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Did anyone see Tuesdays game vs Detroit, where Manny got caught in a base running blunder between second and third? He is a terrible baserunner. 

Just now, Natty said:

Did anyone see Tuesdays game vs Detroit, where Manny got caught in a base running blunder between second and third? He is a terrible baserunner. 

I saw it on replay and it has been discussed in detail in a thread devoted to the subject of Manny’s baserunning.    That was a terrible play by him, no doubt.   I mean, there are times where a player makes a bad tactical decision about going for 3rd but it’s a close play.    This was a bad decision and he was out by a ridiculous margin.   I have no idea what he was thinking on that play.    

27 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I’m not going to say Manny runs out every ground ball 100%.    I do think it’s overstated in comparison to other players.    And I’ll take the homer and walk in 4 plate appearances with a great defensive play, the 1.068 OPS, and the 6 homers, 7 doubles, and 15 RBI in 20 games, worth 1.0 WAR already, 1/8th into the season.  

Yeah, Manny has been great so far this year. He’s on pace for an 8 win season, and I bet if he had an 8 win season people would still complain. If Mike Trout were an Oriole there would be a small contingent on this site that would talk about how overrated and flawed he was too.

4 minutes ago, Babypowder said:

Yeah, Manny has been great so far this year. He’s on pace for an 8 win season, and I bet if he had an 8 win season people would still complain. If Mike Trout were an Oriole there would be a small contingent on this site that would talk about how overrated and flawed he was too.

I understand why fans dislike it when a very talented player has occasional lapses in concentration or hustle.    Manny does have those things at times; I won’t deny it.     I think the frequency and unusualness of it compared to other players is overstated, though.    And, to me it’s still about the total package, which is still fantastic.    I’d rather have Manny than some far less productive scrappy guy.    I’d rather have him than any other position player on our team, easily.    And almost any position player on any other team, with only a few exceptions.   

1 hour ago, Natty said:

I guess you all missed his infield grounder in last night's game where Manny just trotted slowly to first showing absolutely no hustle. 

17 minutes ago, Natty said:

Will go ahead and put you down in the "Manny is not a very good player list".  You must be thrilled thinking he will be gone soon so you can see real players.  Enjoy.

There are many times that Manny is frustrating.  But as was noted above, he is gonna be missed.  I keep dreaming he is traded in June for two studs a 3B and a SP and then signs here for 10 years but I always wake up when Buck says at the press conference he got his man and then Brady punches him and says HE got him...Oh well, its always a good dream until the end.

1 minute ago, Natty said:

Manny is off to a great start at the plate. I hope he keeps it up, he could have an outstanding year...

And his hair is perfect. xD

See, that's the spirit!!!!

Give that fan a contract!!!

25 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I understand why fans dislike it when a very talented player has occasional lapses in concentration or hustle.    Manny does have those things at times; I won’t deny it.     I think the frequency and unusualness of it compared to other players is overstated, though.    And, to me it’s still about the total package, which is still fantastic.    I’d rather have Manny than some far less productive scrappy guy.    I’d rather have him than any other position player on our team, easily.    And almost any position player on any other team, with only a few exceptions.   

How many times has Adam Jones been thrown out by a "ridiculous margin". I am sure it happens but I dont remember many mistakes by Jones. We don't have a thread on hear titled Adam Jones base running. Alomar made some stupid decisions on the bases but not to the extent that Manny does.