(Almost) All Things Manny Machado....

EagleOriole

4 hours ago, Frobby said:

I think Manny mostly got back to hitting like Manny during July, when he hit .327/.379/.490.     To me, he was more patient and went to RF a lot more over the last month.    His homers dropped off (3), but he hit a ton of doubles (8) and did a good job setting the table for his buddy Schoop.   I'm hoping he can stay with that approach for the rest of the year.

Keep it going MM.

4 hours ago, Aristotelian said:

The KC announcers had an interesting theory that I don't believe the Orioles announcers have expressed. They speculated that Manny got homer-happy and changed his swing playing for the Dominican team in the WBC. They noted he looked more relaxed going opposite field on his second double of the night.

I have always felt this was the case. it looked pretty clear to me and his metrics backed it up.

On 8/1/2017 at 8:19 AM, Frobby said:

I think Manny mostly got back to hitting like Manny during July, when he hit .327/.379/.490.     To me, he was more patient and went to RF a lot more over the last month.    His homers dropped off (3), but he hit a ton of doubles (8) and did a good job setting the table for his buddy Schoop.   I'm hoping he can stay with that approach for the rest of the year.

I hope he does Frobby.