Orioles Trade Targets?

Nite

Once again we need a LHP for the pen. I'm getting sick of saying this.

I am certain everyone else is. You are not alone. I bet Dan Duquette is trying to get one. They are probably still asking for Gausman and Bundy for now though.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am certain everyone else is. You are not alone. I bet Dan Duquette is trying to get one. They are probably still asking for Gausman and Bundy for now though.

Just move Chen to the pen.

I'd give a lot for that.

Yeah, I can't imagine what they'd want as Suzuki is a rental and Perkins isn't exactly cheap, but he's been pretty darn consistent from year to year, not as volatile as some other relievers. He strikes guys out, and keeps the ball in the yard. He can certainly close if needed.

Oh. Is he a good reliever?

It's not going to happen, IMO, because he has 10 wins (which is also stupid, IMO). It's a move I'd like to see, though.

And seriously, weams...do you think he'd be worse in the 'pen than Matusz? Get rid of Matusz, move Chen to the 'pen, have consistent room for Gausman without the bouncing around. And if DD gets another starter, you can strengthen the bullpen even further by moving Gonzo there.

I know he's only a 5 inning pitcher. Does good first time around the lineup so maybe.

I would think Chen would be a great reliever. If most good relievers are failed starters, why wouldn't a fairly successful stater cut the mustard? I'm not advocating it or anything, but I think there is no question he could do it.

Kind of funny to me that very, very few posters fessed up to "missing" on the Morales question when I asked about such things. Especially considering the fact that more than a few people were still advocating for a Morales signing well into the summer months (i.e., after it was already clear that the O's have a glut of DH-types and no room for another).

I was all for Morales and it would have been moronic. What do I know. He is of no value and at this point and costs millions plus the value of a potentially high upside pitcher. I think I am most happy that we passed. Three times.

Yeah, I can't imagine what they'd want as Suzuki is a rental and Perkins isn't exactly cheap, but he's been pretty darn consistent from year to year, not as volatile as some other relievers. He strikes guys out, and keeps the ball in the yard. He can certainly close if needed.

If they somehow got Perkins, he should absolutely be made the closer, IMO. Perkins has been striking out 11.48 batters per nine this season, and he's been above 9.48 for the last four seasons. Let Zach go back to being a fireman in that scenario.

I was all for Morales and it would have been moronic. What do I know. He is of no value and at this point and costs millions plus the value of a potentially high upside pitcher. I think I am most happy that we passed. Three times.

You're not one of the people I was thinking of (i.e., not a "whoops"-dodger), but you're definitely not alone there, either way.

I would think Chen would be a great reliever. If most good relievers are failed starters, why wouldn't a fairly successful stater cut the mustard? I'm not advocating it or anything, but I think there is no question he could do it.

Lots of failed starters also fail as relievers.

Not everyone gets a bump in stuff out of the pen. Chen could be the same mostly league average guy out of the pen that he is in the rotation. Then all you are doing is lowering his value by drastically cutting the innings he pitches.

Archived