Orioles Trade Targets?

Nite

Yep I'm a fool and you are the same guys that have over valued very "top" O's pitching prospect for the last 20 years.

How many starters have we developed in the last 20 years? One, Two

Gausman is the only member of our present rotation that came through the O's player development system, and he is a college guy. Have we ever developed a HS pitcher?

Excuse me is I would gladly jettison Bundy for Keuchal or his ilk to enhance our chances of winning in the here and now.

Lets get real dude. If DD listened to people like you we would have traded Machado + for the great Chase Headley.

This is not the same farm system that we had for the past 20 years if you cannot see that then you have to be blind. KG has done fine. Bundy will be fine and was on track prior to injury. Harvey has looked great.

You do not trade 3 arms like that or even one of them just to moderately improve your chances in the lottery that is the MLB playoffs. That is what short sighted GM's who will be ushered out if they lose do.

I heard Keith Law (I know annoying) say recently if he were the Orioles there is no chance he would trade any of those three unless it was a "can't refuse scenario" ...your not getting that kind of deal at the deadline. If you trade your getting jacked up.

Sorry but your just dead wrong here. Trading young controllable talent like that is a good way to return to the losing ways we are trying to leave behind.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is my opinion of the interest we had.

DD: Hey what you want for Lester?

Cherington: Bundy or Harvey, Erod or Cisco and maybe another arm?

*clicking sound*

Cherington: Dan you there....Dan.....

DD is just doing his due diligence IMO.

The Dodgers recently inquired about Phillies starter Cole Hamels, and were asked for a return that included all of Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias. Los Angeles indicated it had no interest in a deal with that framework, but Philadelphia has not move yet from that asking price. The Phils are telling clubs that it wants three top-tier youngsters and another mid-level prospect in return for Hamels.

Nightengale suggests that the Phillies might, however, consider a lesser return in a deal that would include a mix of Hamels along with several of the club’s less-attractive long-term commitments. Ryan Howard and Jonathan Papelbon would figure to be involved in such a scenario, Nightengale notes, which might free the Phillies to be a big player in next year’s free agent market.

Team sources indicated that the club has not yet had discussions of that kind of trade, however, and Matt Gelb of the Philadelphia Inquirer opines (Twitter links) that the team will not accept a more modest return on Hamels simply to move other contracts. The team wants three or four top prospects and would not pay any of Hamels’ future obligations, he adds.

Mlbtraderumors

"Baltimore also would like to add a lefty reliever, upgrade at second base and find offensive help at catcher with Matt Wieters out for the year".

-From Joel Sherman's column

The early part of the article was focused on a TOR starter. He says they want one, but do not want to deal KG, DB, or HH. Especially for ~ a dozen starts from Lester.

I'm keeping my hopes up for Cabrera, Miller, and maybe Carp.

I would be very pleased with:

Markakis

Machado

Jones

Cruz

Davis

Hardy

Cabrera

Pearce/Carp

Joseph

Jason Castro please he fits the upgrade at Catcher is controllable and is equal to Joseph in catcher defense. He would be a nice left handed bat as well. He reminds me of Clevenger but he can play defense.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>You can add Gerardo Parra to the list of players being shopped by the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/dbacks?src=hash">#dbacks</a>, according to one MLB exec.</p>— Jerry Crasnick (@jcrasnick) <a href="

">July 30, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Going after Uehara is a no brainer at this point. The Red Sox have basically admitted they are out of it and I bet Koji could be had for a reasonable asking price. How much can the Sox actually ask for a guy who is going to pitch 30 innings the rest of the way?

People around here just itching to give up Bundy!! The only reason Lester seems like a fit would be due to the fact he is a true rental. Maybe he wouldn't cost us one of the big three. I'd do Bundy and some change for Hammels, but not two months of Lester.

I hope Amaro chokes on all of these players. Asking for insane returns is the reason he will be canned in the offseason

Yup he must be smoking the good stuff to be asking what he is for some of these guys.

Archived