Orioles Trade Targets?

Nite

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The last thing the Orioles should want to do, trade a prospect to the Red Sox, who can pitch against the team for the 5-10 years or even more.

Not for a two month rental.

I wonder how serious the talks really were. No doubt DD and the Sox talked, but it could have been a three minute conversation and we turn it into a 50 page thread.

Working in stats for a certain four letter network, they had us make mock ups of Lester in an O's and Pirates uniform. FWIW. Nobody I work with saw Oakland coming.

That seams to me, to be too high a price for 14 starts from Lester.

Again, just my opinion

He hasn't really approached his rookie numbers. I think he is overrated.

So I guess this puts Ham in the pen. Getting traded to a contender hasn't worked out very well for him.

Lester has made it clear, he wants to resign with Boston in the off-season, no matter what happens during the season.

That is smoke and mirrors. Sox and Lester are both incredibly upset at each other over how this season has been handled. Lester was upset about the lowball contract he was offered, Sox upset about the lost leverage Lester took away with him saying he "wanted" to come back to Boston. Lester did that out of spite and nothing more.

Oakland is going to be unstoppable.

How many times have people said that about Oakland over the years when they were loaded? How many years did people say that about Atlanta with all of their talent and pitching? Baseball playoffs is a complete crap shoot, where absolutely nothing is guaranteed. For as great as they've been, Oakland still has to hold of LAA just to win the division, which I believe they were going to do regardless of this move, but at only 2.5 up right now, it's not guaranteed.

How many times have people said that about Oakland over the years when they were loaded? How many years did people say that about Atlanta with all of their talent and pitching? Baseball playoffs is a complete crap shoot, where absolutely nothing is guaranteed. For as great as they've been, Oakland still has to hold of LAA just to win the division, which I believe they were going to do regardless of this move, but at only 2.5 up right now, it's not guaranteed.

Right I complete agree. You can do your best to field the best team possible. But ultimately, when September and October come, you're up in the luxury box (or in the gym in Beane's case) and it's up to the players to produce when it matters.

Archived