Final Day Trade Rumor Countdown thread. (Deadline 4 PM)

weams

Oh. We are paying 20 million to a pitcher for a year?

We definitely couldn't do it at this point, at least from what we have seen in the past. I think the playoff picture looks better for our starters since the other teams in playoff spots now have weakened their lineups to improve pitching. Our offense should be able to handle a few good pitchers IMHO.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We needed to upgrade at 2b...a third of our lineup is batting near or below the Mendoza line. I could live with crush and hoping he turns it around, even live with our C duo due to the excellent pitching and defense that has followed with them. Without wieters, a third of our lineup batting so low, and Pearce cooking off.. We are one more injury away from being in serious trouble. We definitely need another bat, especially for playoff matchups against the as or det rotations . I sure hope we get an August deal done in time or one for them to e on the postseason roster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe not the As even though Kazmir and Samardizja are balling. But the Tigers now have a very solid and scary rotation with a offense that you can't sneeze at.

I can sneeze at it. I have allergies, though. You know what? Don't mind me.

Willy Adames: One of the youngest players in the Midwest League, Adames assumed the role of everyday shortstop after Curt Powell was promoted to Lakeland because of an injury to Erie’s Devon Travis very early in the season. Adames had never played in America, only the Tigers’ Dominican Summer League affiliate. Tigers prospects often stop in the short-season Gulf Coast League or Connecticut, honing their skills for full-season baseball. But Adames took the bull by the horns and showed he belonged from day one, even at the age of 18.

At the plate, Adames starts with a wide base and the bat on his back shoulder. He has a toe-tap load mechanism, gets his hands into a strong hitting position and generates “plus” bat speed through the zone. He has some pop in the bat and is able to barrel up pitches.

So far, the young infielder has put up a .260/.333/.402 line, with an 8.9% walk rate. Hitting for power and walking as a teenager is always a good sign.

Adames has the lateral movement and quickness to play shortstop right now. However, he has strong, thick legs, and at 6-feet-1 and 175 pounds, some scouts think he could move to third base in the future. Regardless, Adames has a first-division starter ceiling, something that cannot be said about many Tigers positional prospects, and you should see him in the top 10 of prospect lists as early as this off-season.

http://www.freep.com/article/20140617/SPORTS02/306170103/detroit-tigers-prospects-willy-adames

Mark Viviano ‏@MarkWJZ 2h

If O's are looking to recapture some 2012 magic: Brian Roberts, Jim Johnson & Joe Saunders are all now available after DFA's.

Does anyone know when we will hear something on Jim Johnson? Really want to see him back in AAA for us. I think he could help us this year once he gets back on track.

Saunders is interesting..would he take a minor league deal? I would be all over that.

Roberts? Yuck. Vomit.

If O's are looking to recapture some 2012 magic: Brian Roberts, Jim Johnson & Joe Saunders are all now available after DFA's.

Does anyone know when we will hear something on Jim Johnson? Really want to see him back in AAA for us. I think he could help us this year once he gets back on track.

Saunders is interesting..would he take a minor league deal? I would be all over that.

Roberts? Yuck. Vomit.

Johnson will be released tomorrow. Or the day after. My opinion.

Roberts? Yuck. Vomit.

Still think JJ gets a MLB opportunity somewhere on one of these teams that moved players.

If I were Boston, Texas, Cubs etc I would bring him in as a warm body with some upside if he can get it together. From JJ's perspective, how does playing at Norfolk do anything for him in terms of improving his marketability. Even if he got back up here, how many meaningful appearances is he going to get with Miller now in the fold?

Summary Mlbtraderumors

Tigers acquire David Price in three-team deal with Mariners (who receive Austin Jackson) and Rays (who receive Drew Smyly, Nick Franklin, and Willy Adames)

Marlins and Astros agree to six-player swap, with Miami receiving Jarred Cosart, Enrique Hernandez, and Austin Wates in exchange for Colin Moran, Jake Marisnick, Francis Martes, and a 2015 compensation draft pick

Braves acquire James Russell and Emilio Bonifacio from Cubs in exchange for Victor Caratini and cash

Yankees acquire Martin Prado from Diamondbacks in exchange for Peter O’Brien

Yankees acquire Stephen Drew from Red Sox in exchange for Kelly Johnson and cash

Nationals acquire Asdrubal Cabrera from Indians in exchange for Zach Walters

Orioles acquire Andrew Miller from Red Sox in exchange for Eduardo Rodriguez

Mariners acquire Chris Denorfia from Padres in exchange for Abraham Almonte and Stephen Kohlscheen

Athletics acquire Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes, and cash from Red Sox in exchange for Yoenis Cespedes and a 2015 compensation draft pick

Cardinals acquire John Lackey, Corey Littrell and cash from Red Sox in exchange for Joe Kelly and Allen Craig

Brewers acquire Gerardo Parra from Diamondbacks in exchange for Mitch Haniger and Anthony Banda

Twins acquire Tommy Milone from Athletics in exchange for Sam Fuld

Twins extend Kurt Suzuki

Yankees designate Brian Roberts for assignment

Yankees claim Esmil Rogers from Blue Jays, release Scott Sizemore

Pirates claim Angel Sanchez from White Sox, designate Josh Wall for assignment

Athletics designate Jake Elmore for assignment

Rockies designate Ryan Wheeler for assignment

Watching Oriole offense struggle again tonight' date=' sure wished they added a bat or two.[/quote']

We have lots of bats in Norfolk: they are red hot! J Paeredes, Lombo, Clevenger, h Urritia just came back, Q Berry, j Borbon...

Lots of guys that could help spark things IMO

We have lots of bats in Norfolk: they are red hot! J Paeredes, Lombo, Clevenger, h Urritia just came back, Q Berry, j Borbon...

Lots of guys that could help spark things IMO

MLB OPSes of those guys:

Paredes: .580

Lombo: .638

Clevenger: .573

Urrutia: .586

Berry: .711 (inexplicably, since that's 50 points higher than his AAA OPS)

Borbon: .666

That's a lot o' replacement-level baseball.

Archived