Andrew Miller Trade to Orioles

FlipCup

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We're going to be pitching Chris Tillman against Lester in game 1 of the playoffs' date=' but its okay, because we now have Andrew Miller in the 7th.[/quote']

Not that it matters now, but wouldn't Tillman be facing Scherzer or someone else from the Tigers in Game 1 of the playoffs, if the season ended today? Oakland getting the WC game winner, obviously.

How can you say we will get 7 years of a #3 type starter?

He's struggled in AA. Remember all the guys that dominated AA but stunk in the majors (Matusz for one)?

I get the uneasiness of this trade but EdRod is far from a guaranteed #3 starter material for seven years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

He's also very young, so it's not as if he is even close to being at that age where you have to worry about his AA struggles. In fact, it should probably be expected.

And it's not a question of what the player ends up being, and what guarantees there are for it. It's a question of what is his value at right now, and what did you get for that current value.

Uhhh, I hate stupid comments like this. It's a message board, I disagree strongly. I'm going to voice that.

It's a message board. There's nothing wrong with his comment. Unless you intend to back up why you don't like the trade, it's just an irrational thought.

We've now given up Delmonico, Hader, Avery, Hoes, Rodriguez, and our competitive pick for Norris, Feldman (GONE), KRod (GONE), Morse (GONE), and Miller (most likely GONE in 2015...and back to the BoSox).

That's what you do when you are contending and trying to win. No one on that list would contribute anything in Baltimore until maybe 2016 or 2017 if ever.

You're way ahead of yourself here. Ed Rod may never amount to a ML SP much less the 7 year MOR SP you have him pegged at. He's struggling pretty badly at AA, and to be honest I was pretty underwhelmed with his stuff in ST.

It's a steep price, but I am fine with it.

Yeah, he really has not produced above A level. Had a horrible springs against MLB level hitters. His likely CEILING is #4 starter and may never pitch at the MLB level at all.

We've now given up Delmonico, Hader, Avery, Hoes, Rodriguez, and our competitive pick for Norris, Feldman (GONE), KRod (GONE), Morse (GONE), and Miller (most likely GONE in 2015...and back to the BoSox).

Outside of maybe Hader, who are we going to really miss there?

ERods stock was way down, so I think this is an ok trade, provided we couldnt use ER in a better package for a better player.

If he's only a rental then I'm happy to have him, but EdRod was too steep.
It's not that simple at all. We are bidding against other teams which ups the price. The Orioles know we have a good shot at making the play offs and Miller can help us now Rodriguez isn't helping us this year.

Archived