Andrew Miller Trade to Orioles

FlipCup

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm fine with it. We had a chance to win the World Series this year and those chances have been few and far between. I'm glad we took a shot at it. At least Miller helped us win a series - been a long time between playoff series wins for me as a fan. And hey - maybe by some miracle he'll stay here.

No problem with the trade. No problem then, no problem now. He was critical against DET and gave us a chance every time he pitched vs KC. Unfortunately we didn't win it but we had a chance in large part due to Andrew Miller.

Yep. Good trade. It's what good teams do. Miller was awesome. Wish the economics worked out to keep him, but the Orioles aren't the Dodgers so hope he has a nice career and that we rarely see him.

• 2 months later...
It was the right move to make.

Tommy Hunter to Roch.

"Miller was a big pickup at the end," Hunter said. "He was like a shot in the arm, another weapon, guy that throws 92-96 (mph), hammer slider, struck out 195,000 people in 60 innings. Somebody's going to have to pick it up. But he did that mostly for somebody else.

"He came here and he played ball and he threw really well. He had a hell of a postseason and he had a hell of an end of the year. Somebody's going to have to pick it up, split it up. We've got pretty capable arms at the back end of our bullpen. That's my opinion. "

I was all for the trade then and I am for it now. It was a success. You have to take your shots to win a WS. You never know what the future holds. Miller really catapulted us to the favorites in the AL to go the WS. We were the favorites and KC upset us. And KC came within an eyelash of winning it all. So, we were really really close last year. That's why everyone took the KC loss so hard.

Here's the thing: EdRod wasn't all that good last year…. until we traded him. Hindsight is a cruel thing at times. Maybe he turns into Johan Santana but the odds are against it. Imagine if Miller was really bad for us or got injured. Then it would have been a trade to regret. Nothing to regret here. We went for it. We traded an underperforming prospect. Onward in 2015!

I was all for the trade then and I am for it now. It was a success. You have to take your shots to win a WS. You never know what the future holds. Miller really catapulted us to the favorites in the AL to go the WS. We were the favorites and KC upset us. And KC came within an eyelash of winning it all. So, we were really really close last year. That's why everyone took the KC loss so hard.

Here's the thing: EdRod wasn't all that good last year…. until we traded him. Hindsight is a cruel thing at times. Maybe he turns into Johan Santana but the odds are against it. Imagine if Miller was really bad for us or got injured. Then it would have been a trade to regret. Nothing to regret here. We went for it. We traded an underperforming prospect. Onward in 2015!

Good post. Thanks.

Archived