Was ERod too much for Andrew Miller

isestrex

ERod for Miller  

224 members have voted

1. 1. ERod for Miller

• It's a steal
    • I'm fine with that price but I'll miss him.
    • Too much: worried about only 2 months of Miller vs a long career of ERod

Well, the great Edrod got his ass handed to him today by the Angels. ERA up to 4.64 for the season.
He is who we thought he was.

Which is?

EdRod has been terrific in 7 of his 10 starts (0 runs twice, 1 run five times, 2 runs once) and horrific in the other three (6 runs or more). All in all, he's 5-3. If I'm the Red Sox I'm pretty happy about that ratio. We'll see if the ratio changes over the rest of the season.

Which is?

EdRod has been terrific in 7 of his 10 starts (0 runs twice, 1 run five times, 2 runs once) and horrific in the other three (6 runs or more). All in all, he's 5-3. If I'm the Red Sox I'm pretty happy about that ratio. We'll see if the ratio changes over the rest of the season.

I can't agree more. He's very young and has a bright future. You should expect the occasional like today but over the long haul, the trade looks bad right now and might turn into a disaster. Now, had we spent 40 million to retain Miller, it would look a lot better. There were those that celebrated Miller's injury in much the same way as those are celebrating ERods bad game but baseball is a marathon, not a sprint and it will take years to determine how bad the trade was.

Which is?

Well at least one of those 0-2 run games was against us and I wasn't that impressed. Like you said, we'll see how it goes. I think MOR pitcher ceiling is probably about right.

Well at least one of those 0-2 run games was against us and I wasn't that impressed. Like you said, we'll see how it goes. I think MOR pitcher ceiling is probably about right.

Chen is a MOR pitcher and he's gonna get 15-20 million next year.

Chen is a MOR pitcher and he's gonna get 15-20 million next year.

Chen's "ceiling" is proven. Edrod may flame out and be not much of anything. I think he could be a decent pitcher, but nothing is guaranteed and I don't see anything special there. Certainly not like Arrieta in terms of stuff/upside.

Chen's "ceiling" is proven. Edrod may flame out and be not much of anything. I think he could be a decent pitcher, but nothing is guaranteed and I don't see anything special there. Certainly not like Arrieta in terms of stuff/upside.

Nothing in life is guaranteed. But trading a guy that could be a 2, 3 or 4 for ten years for two months of a setup guy is only something you should consider if you have a deep farm system. We don't. So, while I loved Miller last year, I say we learned our lesson and shouldn't do it again.

Let's face it, DD is so focused on the Toronto job and the all-you-can-eat poutine package they offered that he isn't acquiring this kind of premium talent.

I would suffer indignities of the highest order for all-you-can-eat poutine. The smoked meat poutine I had at Les Deux Richard in Sainte-Agathe-des-Monts last month was pure bliss. I had thoughts of annexing Quebec on the spot, or at least throwing it all away to become a Quebecois separatist.

Which is?

Since his first two starts he has pitched 33.2 innings and given up 42 hits, 12BB, 27ER, 25K, 6HR with an ERA of 7.22. Maybe teams are getting a good book him.