Do the Orioles give Jeter a parting gift?

throwingthings

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd be truly disappointed in the team if they didn't. It's the classy thing to do. I can't imagine a scenario where they wouldn't.

You don't have to like the team or even the player really to appreciate Jeter's accomplishments. Any baseball fan who respects the game should understand this. I mean the man just passed Honus Wagner, an all-time legend. You have to pay respect when respect is due. It was the Yankees that all stood up in the dugout to give Ripken an ovation when he ended his streak.

It may not be a popular view but I think a classy fan base would give this man exactly what he deserves...a standing ovation for a guy we loved to hate but when your being honest, has always been classy, represented the game well and played it the right way. Considering he is a Yankee, that is no small feat.

Ripken had a legendary career and was treated as such even by the obnoxious classless MFY fans. Jeter deserves the same.

I'm really sorry, but I don't understand all the negativity. OK, so he played for the Yankees, but he has had an amazing career, deported himself as a gentleman and was always above the fray. Yeah the Orioles should do something special. Plus we fans should give the guy a standing ovation every time he comes up to bat. Just my feelings.

Archived