Machado injury (Sprained Knee Ligament- 15 Day DL)

nevadaO

"It could be tomorrow, it could be a month? When it feels like I can go be Manny Machado, I'll be out there. It's a feel thing."

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Showalter said he hopes Machado will be back by Aug 27 DL date. Machado said it however long it takes "could be a month, tmrw or two weeks."</p>— Eduardo A. Encina (@EddieInTheYard) <a href="

">August 13, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Someone needs to tell Manny that tomorrow isn't an option.

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Scare? Maybe, but that was [pure pain, when he was laying on the ground and grabbing his knee.

he said his thoughts were "Oh S#&!, F#&* I'm back down." Sounds like fear to me.

While not comparable, but I know when I chose rehab over getting my knee scoped in high school I was afraid any time my knee ached even a little.

Anyone else think Manny might have a low pain tolerance?

Not saying it is a good or a bad thing just from the look of him the other night I would not have expected him to be walking without crutches today.

Either that or he played a lot of soccer growing up. ;)

Not necessarily. I sprained my MCL and went down like a ton of bricks but was up and walking around without crutches the next day and totally healed in about 5 weeks. I tore my PCL badly and finished the game barely recognizing anything was wrong. The next day my knee was the size of a bowling ball and I couldn't bear any weight at all and eventually had surgery. My girlfriend tore her ACL and was in lots of pain when it happened but was walking around optimistic the next day, but of course ended up having surgery when the MRI found a tear. Every injury is different because every body is different.

That was how it looked to me.

Like I said I don't think it would be a bad thing. At least when it comes to baseball I would generally rather the players get healthy then try and tough it out.

My wife isn't much of a baseball fan, make a comment, no brace, no crutches, and just two days ago was laying on the ground like that.

Said either, he is a super fast healer, or a drama queen.

Anyone else think Manny might have a low pain tolerance?

Not saying it is a good or a bad thing just from the look of him the other night I would not have expected him to be walking without crutches today.

Either that or he played a lot of soccer growing up. ;)

If you blew your knee out like he did previously your first instinct is probably to go down with any pain. Also, he has a history of knee dislocations. He may have suffered another the other day.

If you blew your knee out like he did previously your first instinct is probably to go down with any pain. Also, he has a history of knee dislocations. He may have suffered another the other day.

First off, like I have already said twice, not saying it is a bad thing if true.

Secondly I am not talking about going down so much as the clutching of the knee afterward.

As for knee dislocations, a little known fact. When I was a child I had the ability to pop both my lower legs out of socket at will. Heck I might could do it now. Every once in a while one or the other of my knees will dislocate. It might happen when I am walking, it more often happens when I am sitting in a chair and let one of my legs rest at the wrong angle.

Thankfully mine go right back in and only slight discomfort and a sense of doom linger.

So yea, I know about knee dislocations.

A little something to help you get in the mood.

flaherty.jpg?w=555&h=555

Wow, C_o_C, you knew just what button to push! Uncanny!

Yeah, so now that I'm ready, I know what I wanted to say:

Flash is a godly player so take your time Manny Machado, you and your alter ego. :scratchchinhmm:

Wow, C_o_C, you knew just what button to push! Uncanny!

Yeah, so now that I'm ready, I know what I wanted to say:

Flash is a godly player so take your time Manny Machado, you and your alter ego. :scratchchinhmm:

The Orioles won four of five when Manny was suspended.

Archived