Hypothetical, Jones for McCutchen

Outlander

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know cutch is the better player. I know this won't happen. But if you could trade Jones for McCutchen strait up, tomorrow, would you?

No. The O's are trying to win the World Series this year and McCutchen might not play again this season.

Edit: He's back from the DL, but I'm wary of how good he'll be the rest of the way after an oblique injury.

In a video game universe, sure absolutely but in the actual universe, I just couldn't. I know McCutchen is the better player and I like the guy a lot actually but I wouldn't do it. AJ is such a huge leader on this club.If we weren't contending sure I would but in the current universe, no sorry.

Yes, absolutely. That's like asking "would you take Peyton Manning or Joe Flacco for this NFL season?"

It's not quite like that. The gap isn't quite as large. Plus, it would be asking to trade joe in the middle of a really good playoff push while he's the clear leader for his team, for Peyton manning.

Yes, absolutely. That's like asking "would you take Peyton Manning or Joe Flacco for this NFL season?"

Um... not at all... That would be like someone asking if we wanted to trade Jones for Miguel Cabrera. It would be sacrificing youth for the better player but older. An NFL comp to trading for McCutchen would be trading Flacco for Luck.

Yes to both scenarios. I love Jones but McCutchen is better, younger, and cheaper.

Because by all accounts, Cutch is the same quality, type of person, and is more talented?

Is he more talented. Besides OBP I don't see it. Plus he plays in the National league which is so much weaker.

Why do people always think the grass is greener? Look where we are right now. jones is the first star player we have had in a very long time and he is so consistent. This thread actually makes me angry. And then you got people mad we traded some guy from single A or get upset about Reimold being released. I bet there are people on here who would be more upset if Bundy were traded than Jones.

Archived