vs. REDS, 9/02

OFFNY

• Replies 951
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It took them forever to get the tarp on. It will be interesting to see how damaged the infield is.

It looked pretty bad on the 3rd base side, but gotta give our grounds crew credit. They didn't look completely inept like the other ones we've seen this season. Quite the opposite actually.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>And now it's pretty much stopped raining.</p>? Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="
">September 2, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/baltimore-md/21202/minute-weather-forecast/348707

Rain till 830

Yep FAST MOVING storms but theres another blast coming and there's a line behind that. :mad:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>And now it's pretty much stopped raining.</p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="
">September 2, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/baltimore-md/21202/minute-weather-forecast/348707

Rain till 830

Yeah what passed over Baltimore just now was a quick cell. There is a much larger squall right behind it. This will be delayed at least 60-90 minutes.

I'll give him a pass on Hamilton, but yea your right OFF TARGET pretty bad even if he gets it there no way to make a tag.

He definitely looked like a rookie rushing a throw on someone who is a renowned base stealer. Hopefully they'll talk about it during the delay.

It looked pretty bad on the 3rd base side, but gotta give our grounds crew credit. They didn't look completely inept like the other ones we've seen this season. Quite the opposite actually.

Definitely. Trying their hardest but many of them were running in place since the tarp was so heavy.

Yep FAST MOVING storms

Last time I heard fast moving storms, the Nationals waited three hours to start the game and it just kept raining and raining and raining. They finally called it off and I had to slog home on the DC metro wet and miserable.

Keep moving down! Move all the way down! All the way down! (WMATA employees at Navy Yard after the game on an absolutely jammed platform...)

There was a pregame interview with Joseph talking about Hamilton. Said he has studied him and the best way to keep him from stealing is to keep him off the bases period. Obviously that didn't go so well.

I'm not suggesting that a good throw gets Hamilton, he's lightning fast and an excellent base stealer. I'm just musing about the last few throws I've seen from Caleb in general. They have been poor.

Archived