Chris Davis tested positive for amphetamines. (25 Game Ban)

OriolesManiac88

Why did he do it?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Why did he do it?

• ADHD
    • Performance

I don't know if anyone said this but in one of Roch's tweets he says he has ADD. I am to dumb to paste a tweet. That makes me feel better. Why he didn't get the exemption I will never know.

Obviously if he at one time had an exemption then a MD diagnosed him with ADD. What that really means we don't know.

• Replies 806
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Passan with a different take.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/why-chris-davis-turned-to-using-a-banned-substance-193723018.html

This bit is new.

Davis once held a TUE. He did not apply for one in 2013 or 2014, two sources told Yahoo Sports. The Baltimore Sun reported he did not have one in 2012, either. Why Davis stopped asking for an exemption was unclear, as is whether both of the positive tests came this season, or whether his first positive came in the past.

Apologize if this has been asked' date=' but do you even put Davis on the postseason roster? I mean best case scenario he's able to play late ALCS. Do we really want a rusty bat that hasn't been good for the majority of the year?[/quote']

You have to put the roster out before the series, so it would be the World Series at the earliest. I doubt it.

Connoly just tweeted that Davis was diagnosed with ADHD years ago and had the exception while in Texas. Took Adderall then, was denied the exception with the Orioles likely in 2012.

This certainly changes the narrative.

But to what? That he was potentially (knowingly) using without an exemption for up to three years? That being denied an exemption several years ago convinced him to not seek a new exemption in the intervening years? Missing too many facts.

Apologize if this has been asked' date=' but do you even put Davis on the postseason roster? I mean best case scenario he's able to play late ALCS. Do we really want a rusty bat that hasn't been good for the majority of the year?[/quote']

No way you play with a man short just in case you get to the WS. Davis is done.

RESET THE NARRATIVE:::::

Davis tested positive.

Davis has taken Adderall for years, been diagnosed with ADHD and took it while on the Rangers.

Davis was denied TUE in 2012, because he was denied it in 2012 he did not bother applying since then.

2013= amazing, "I never needed it anyway!"

2014= the polar opposite, gets scared/ desperate goes back on Adderall to help with focus. Knows he is playing with fire, but regular dosages might not trigger a test unless the timing is poor (assumption).

Gets dinged for it, goes off it.

Struggles even more.

The rest is history.

RESET THE NARRATIVE:::::

Davis tested positive.

Davis has taken Adderall for years, been diagnosed with ADHD and took it while on the Rangers.

Davis was denied TUE in 2012, because he was denied it in 2012 he did not bother applying since then.

2013= amazing, "I never needed it anyway!"

2014= the polar opposite, gets scared/ desperate goes back on Adderall to help with focus. Knows he is playing with fire, but regular dosages might not trigger a test unless the timing is poor (assumption).

Gets dinged for it, goes off it.

Struggles even more.

The rest is history.

Very little of that is confirmed as history.

Archived