Kevin Millar - Worst 1st Baseman in Baseball???

MPK76

Q: What do these 6 guys have in common???

Ryan Garko

Paul Konerko

Adrian Gonzalez

Adam LaRoche

Justin Morneau

Carlos Delgado

A: All qualified for the batting title and all had a lower OBP than Millar.

Millar isn't the answer at 1b or DH by any means, but the O's could do worse.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Of all the problems the O's have, Millar isn't one of them. He's a temp-stopgap-guy, he's a good guy, he performs better than you think, and there's always gonna be some team who wants him. Plus he's a hoot. There's lots of stuff to complain about, but I don't think Kevin Millar is one of them.

^^^^Just earning him some brownie points with Camden chick! ;)

This thread should give K Mill some more ammo to use as inspiration for another standout year!

I know a lot of people are angry at Millar for the whole Boston thing, but lets face it he is not the worst first basemen in baseball. He has a good eye at the plate, and he is above average in the field. Sexson would get my vote for the worst, not to mention he is way overpaid.

Statistics don't measure the value of a players impact off the field...Millar is a true leader.

I agree. This whole "throwing out the first pitch" thing is blown up frankly a little creepy that people are so bent out of shape about it. Let the man be. He's stated that he loves the city, wants to see the team get better, understands he won't be here very long, plays hard, he took over when Perlozzo couldn't find the balls to call a meeting... I mean.. come on.. he's a class act.

No problems with Millar here except for the fact that he shouldn't keep younger players from getting their chances. I don't remember him being a liability at first and his bat, while on the decline, is still good for launching fastballs over the fence. This team could learn something from his OBP skills. I could care less about the Red Sox stuff.

Q: What do these 6 guys have in common???

Ryan Garko

Paul Konerko

Adrian Gonzalez

Adam LaRoche

Justin Morneau

Carlos Delgado

A: All qualified for the batting title and all had a lower OBP than Millar.

Millar isn't the answer at 1b or DH by any means, but the O's could do worse.

Yeah, but I'm sure they all slugged a lot higher than Millar.

Of all the problems the O's have, Millar isn't one of them. He's a temp-stopgap-guy, he's a good guy, he performs better than you think, and there's always gonna be some team who wants him. Plus he's a hoot. There's lots of stuff to complain about, but I don't think Kevin Millar is one of them.

I'm sorry but if you don't have a problem with the stunts he pulled during the world series this past year than I truly can't respect you as a true O's fan, I just can't.....:002_scry:

According to Dayn Perry, Kevin Millar is the worst player in all of MLB at 1st base.....

1B — Kevin Millar, Orioles

Last season, the 36-year-old Millar hit .254 AVG/.365 OBP/.420 SLG, while the average major-league first baseman hit .276 AVG/.357 OBP/.463 SLG. Millar took his walks, but that's about all he did in 2007. Throw in the fact that he's a liability with the glove and on the bases, and you've got a player who would be best deployed as nothing more than a pinch-hitter against lefties.

This just proves that Perry didn't bother to look at the numbers of any other 1B. and that he is an idiot.:rolleyes:

I'm sorry but if you don't have a problem with the stunts he pulled during the world series this past year than I truly can't respect you as a true O's fan, I just can't.....:002_scry:

I'm pretty sure Shack can live w/out your respect. I'm not bothered by them. And I know I can live without it.

Archived