vs. TIGERS, 10/05 (A.L.D.S., Game Three)

OFFNY

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think it's because ketchup is on the sweet side and it contrasts with the smokiness of the hotdog. But if I have my way, I'm putting ketchup, mustard, Nacho cheese, chili and cole slaw on my hot dog.

I usually go mustard but I don't get the strong opposition either.

Bud should be able to bury a slider without worrying that his catcher will inexplicably backhand it instead of blocking it. Totally on Hundley.

Yeah the more I look at the situation, the more I agree. That's on Hundley. Not sure why Joseph isn't getting this start.

I didn't know that! And hard to believe he thought that of Yoko....

I do know he sang for hours before singing Twist And Shout. Just to make his voice raspy.

That's not true, Scott.

What happened was that the Beatles were contractually obligated to cut their entire first album (Please Please Me) in one day.

So, after they cut the first 13 songs, John's voice was almost completely shot.

So, they decided to "wing it" with their 14 and final song (Twist and Shout), and do it in ONE TAKE.

Lennon just went for broke, and shrieked the song as best as he could in that one take ...... and just by coincidence, it turned out GREAT ...... probably better than if Lennon had had his voice at full strength.

So, it is correct that Lennon's voice was raspy ...... but it was by accident, not by design. :)

Archived