Dyson Said He Doesn't Expect Series To Return To Baltimore

section18

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Weren't both of these games tied going into the ninth inning? The way some fans are accusing the O's of being hopelessly outplayed and outclassed by these Mighty Royals, you'd think we were down 6 or 8 runs every game.

Weren't both of these games tied going into the ninth inning? The way some fans are accusing the O's of being hopelessly outplayed and outclassed by these Mighty Royals, you'd think we were down 6 or 8 runs every game.

Only feels that way....probably because we are never ahead....for even a half inning.

Don't know if Dyson is right or wrong. I suspect he is right .. But one thing I do know: our bullpen is not as solid as we think and we MUST sign Miller this off season!

I agree on signing Miller, but I think our bullpen is very solid. I think KC's bullpen is absolutely insane.....miles better than any other teams' bullpen. Not only do they all throw hard with control, but they all have no nerves. You can't teach that.

Yost said Ventura will make his next start. The Orioles have faced KC 38 times in the last 5 years and they are 18-20. 10-8 at home and 8-12 in KC. They were 3-4 this season. I think the field dimensions at Kaufman will favor the Royals type of play.

Why is a pinch runner (unsuccessful) talking trash? Next they will interview the KC bat boy.

This guy kept smiling every time he was on base. Like his stealing is automatic. The announcers never commented about this. Just keep throwing him out and he can smile all he wants. We are a better team just not built for speed at the moment. Berry should have been on this roster for this series. We have to score anyway possible and we need more speed in the lineup. Some of our hitters were pressing in these two games. Trying to please the fans and trying to help us win. Not a bad thing but we still have hitters swinging at balls. I hope the umps start calling pitches better in KC. Say what you want, they didn't do us any favors in these two games behind the plate. Even the announcers were commenting on many missed calls behind the plate. They got ball fours on strikes and we were called out on similar pitches. Check the replays. Has Davis added another pitch? He wasn't this good in Tampa and when he first arrived in KC. Someone said their hitters are cheating. Stealing pitches? Toronto bats? None of their HR's have been cheap. What's going on? Suddenly they are smoking the ball. Do our scouts have an answer for Cain? Why was Pearce so far off of first yesterday on the double down the line? He hit it right where the 1B is normally standing. If Escobar? had bunted down 1st and the pitcher had fielded it there wouldn't have been anybody close enough to cover first to take the throw. There are other plays that happened in these two games that were beneficial to KC due to the positioning of our infielders or outfielders. Guard the lines....guard the lines!

This guy kept smiling every time he was on base. Like his stealing is automatic. The announcers never commented about this. Just keep throwing him out and he can smile all he wants. We are a better team just not built for speed at the moment. Berry should have been on this roster for this series. We have to score anyway possible and we need more speed in the lineup. Some of our hitters were pressing in these two games. Trying to please the fans and trying to help us win. Not a bad thing but we still have hitters swinging at balls. I hope the umps start calling pitches better in KC. Say what you want, they didn't do us any favors in these two games behind the plate. Even the announcers were commenting on many missed calls behind the plate. They got ball fours on strikes and we were called out on similar pitches. Check the replays. Has Davis added another pitch? He wasn't this good in Tampa and when he first arrived in KC. Someone said their hitters are cheating. Stealing pitches? Toronto bats? None of their HR's have been cheap. What's going on? Suddenly they are smoking the ball. Do our scouts have an answer for Cain? Why was Pearce so far off of first yesterday on the double down the line? He hit it right where the 1B is normally standing. If Escobar? had bunted down 1st and the pitcher had fielded it there wouldn't have been anybody close enough to cover first to take the throw. There are other plays that happened in these two games that were beneficial to KC due to the positioning of our infielders or outfielders. Guard the lines....guard the lines!

I thought the samething too about Pearce being so far off the line but then the announcers said Schoop was so close to the bag at second holding Gore close that Pearce had to fill the hole closer to second.

pretty much every royals rally has been sparked by either a bloop hit(gordon and hosmer's doubles), misplaying of a ball(pearce's pick at first, flaherty in the 9th last night),or infield hit(cain in the 3rd yesterday, infante in the 9th). in my opinion they couldn't be playing any better than they are, and we could still easily be up 2-0. just need a couple things to start going our way

Archived