Dyson Said He Doesn't Expect Series To Return To Baltimore

section18

Sorry, but this post just strikes me as the epitome of pathetic, with alack of perspective. You feel powerless? Really?

You mean like, how could we stop they're timely bloop hits? Game one was incredibly flukey IMO. Gordon should have been struck out- instead- he get the benefit of the doubt in an incredibly inconsistent strike zone- and the bloops a hit with a broken bat single to right. Those runs, and that win, took all of the pressure off the Royals- continued to let them feel as though they are riding a magic carpet- and that pressure caught up to the Orioles in the 9th on Saturday.

If the Royals keep getting lucky breaks- yeah- maybe we get swept- but i think what goes around comes around- and we win this series in 7.

The Royals have not been head and shoulders better than us- theyve simply felt less (ie NO) pressure because theyve been playing with house money this entire run.

One play here or there in any of those games- heck one strike call and this series could be entirely different. Not blaming the umps either- just a fact. It's baseball though, and usually those things do even out.

I think we take 2 of 3 in KC and come back home to win 2 more. O's aren't dead. Period.

I don't get this. Game 1 was flukey, correct but you can play the "if" game so much before it gets too old. Hey, Jeffrey Maier doesn't catch that ball, the Orioles win that series. Really?

Bloop hits are still hits. They count in the box score, they help figure out the W/L column. Know what else was flukey? That weird duckfart hit that De Aza that didn't leave the infield and got us a run, I've never seen anything like that before. What about that throw their infielder made that hit Schoop in the back of his helmet? We somehow weaseled our way out of a bases loaded-no out situation with Britton walking the bases loaded. At one point I looked at the scoreboard and he'd thrown something like 12 balls and 2 strikes.

Sure, a few things could make this series completely different. But that's just hypothesizing and it doesn't do anything to make this situation better or different. The flukes remain the same and the situation still is what it is.

Playing with house money? Not sure, they look like a really good team. Might not be scary on paper but they're doing everything right so far. Say they win the next two and sweep us, what are we going to say then to make ourselves feel better? Give credit when it's due, the Royals are a good team.

You're right they're not dead, they're just in a hell of a hole. If they can get the series back to Baltimore it'll be huge. Period.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I really don't know what to think anymore, starters gone to hell, the pen is shot, Adam is awful and KC gets very fortunate where the ball lands. It's hard to see this coming back to Baltimore

Adam, as in Jones? Who has gone 3-for-10 with that game-tying 2-run homer? I think I would single out some other people before that. More than anything, I think it's just painfully obvious how much we're missing Machado, Wieters and Davis.

Adam, as in Jones? Who has gone 3-for-10 with that game-tying 2-run homer? I think I would single out some other people before that. More than anything, I think it's just painfully obvious how much we're missing Machado, Wieters and Davis.

Pearce was way worse then Adam on Saturday. Upper cut swing seems to be getting worse. Mike Trout went 1-12 in the playoffs.

Dyson is like his vacuum. It sucks.

So, if we win at least two in KC, who's going to the Yard with the giant, "Welcome back to Baltimore, Jerrod Dyson!" sign?

If this happens, fans should pool resources and get Aaron Paul to do this in character on the scoreboard as Jesse Pinkman. "Yo, Jerrod Dyson! Welcome back to Baltimore, *****"!

Ahh, a voice of reason. Too much excitement over Jonesy. He's fine.

We could use production out of Pearce but he's getting contact.

They seemed to play well and win without Machado and Wieters. It was the idiocy and selfishness of Davis that is hurting the team. Hope he's enjoying his "vacation".

They seemed to play well and win without Machado and Wieters. It was the idiocy and selfishness of Davis that is hurting the team. Hope he's enjoying his "vacation".

They played fine with and without Davis in the regular season as well.

This has nothing to do with Davis. This is all about the team not getting out of its Detroit mindset (wait for the bullpen) against a team with a much stronger bullpen.

See some Royal players are nice,:)

The Royals are winning over a new legion of fans, even in Baltimore.

A Reddit post went viral about an Orioles fan who saw some Royals players playing catch with kids decked out in Orioles gear during batting practice before one of the games.

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/ball-star/article2696524.html#storylink=cpy

Archived