Dyson Said He Doesn't Expect Series To Return To Baltimore

section18

I said realistically. Its fine to be optimistic, but thats not realistic to expect to completely turn the momentum of the series on a dime and sweep the Royals on their field.

About as likely as them coming in and sweeping us at our field. Baseball turns on a dime, all the time. It is why the best teams lose more than 60 games a year.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
About as likely as them coming in and sweeping us at our field. Baseball turns on a dime, all the time. It is why the best teams lose more than 60 games a year.

It was much more likely for the Royals since they were coming in very confident and playing the best baseball of their lives. We've lost all of our confidence and know the inevitable defeat is coming, so theres no reason to expect the Orioles to become super confident and motivated overnight.

He should expect to win. The Royals are on a quite a run. I hope we aren't worried about post game quotes from their lockerroom. History says there is a very good chance the series ends in KC unfortunately. Baseball is a funny game though. With the amount of media these guys have to do in the postseason you are going to see things like this.

As young master Dyson is about to discover.

Did you expect him to say yes, yes he expects to lose at least twice at home and go back to Baltimore? This little quote isn't going to make our pitchers pitch better or hitters hit better.

I believe that he could have (and probably should have) simply deferred the question, and said that his team is up 2 games to 0, and that they are thinking about winning Game Three ...... not looking ahead to Game Four and/or a possible Game Five, Six, and Seven.

Although, it's kind of pointless (at best), or incendiary (at worst) for the reporter to be asking that question in the first place.

It was much more likely for the Royals since they were coming in very confident and playing the best baseball of their lives. We've lost all of our confidence and know the inevitable defeat is coming, so theres no reason to expect the Orioles to become super confident and motivated overnight.

They won two games. Happens during the season all the time. They are playing over the top at the moment and also getting more than their share of the old lady luck. They are not a steamroller. The role of "confidence" is primarily in the minds of fans. Players hit a ball, catch a ball, throw a ball. Two fewer broken bat hits or Hardy making a better throw or Pearce picking it and we are up 2 games to none rather than them being up two. This game is about skill and luck. Rah, rah type of "confidence" has little to do with it. You do not make it to the major leagues at all without confidence being at an extraordinary level. After they lose three in a row, they will no longer be playing "the best baseball of their lives."

He should expect to win. The Royals are on a quite a run. I hope we aren't worried about post game quotes from their lockerroom. History says there is a very good chance the series ends in KC unfortunately. Baseball is a funny game though. With the amount of media these guys have to do in the postseason you are going to see things like this.

He forgot his trite quotes that Crash Davis taught Nuke LaLoush in Bull Durham. The correct answer to the reporter's question would have been "We play one game at a time. They have a great team and we will play hard every game."

If you are posting on the OH and plan on watching the games that are scheduled for Sunday and Monday (yes they are still going to be played), then you REALLY don't believe it's over.

So, as I fan I must ask. Why bother posting doom and gloom? Is it so you can say, "I told you"? Just come back in the off season.

He's probably right, unfortunately. Does anyone see us realistically winning 2 games at KC? I don't.

Yes I do. Everything went right for them and they won one game in the tenth and one in the ninth. We can certainly take 2 out of 3 in KC.

Dyson also mocked Caleb Joseph when be was asked about Joseph throwing out 40% of runners. His response was along the lines of thats it he thought it be higher. I really dont like the Royals. It could be a feel good story if they all didnt act like arrogant douches. Too bad kc wont be able to afford to keep them together and long enough to be relevant long.

Archived