Dyson Said He Doesn't Expect Series To Return To Baltimore

section18

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Dyson: "If we win Game 3, it?s going to be hard for them to look themselves in the mirror and say, ?We can win the next four.?"</p>— Brittany Ghiroli (@Britt_Ghiroli) <a href="

">October 12, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

It's funny when a backup player talks trash.

Oh, so the Orioles are gonna wake up now because of a little comment. You guys sure are a confident bunch.

Huge OF in KC , I'm scared to think how many bloop hits they get.

People with narcissistic personality disorder often display snobbish, disdainful, or patronizing attitudes. For example, an individual with this disorder may complain about a clumsy waiter’s “rudeness” or “stupidity” or conclude a medical evaluation with a condescending evaluation of the physician.

People with narcissistic personality disorder often display snobbish, disdainful, or patronizing attitudes. For example, an individual with this disorder may complain about a clumsy waiter's "rudeness" or "stupidity", or conclude a medical evaluation with a condescending evaluation of the physician.

I'll make an effort to be less self-centered in the future.

What shred of evidence have any of us seen that would indicate he is wrong? Seriously? Unless you score 10 runs on one of their starters, what chance do you have? They roll out one cyborg after another from the pen. Their 9 hitter is better than most teams' 5 hitter. Nothing but speed all over the place. They decide they need to score in an inning and like magic, they score. We have not had the lead once. How many innings have we gotten them 1-2-3? One inning? They have zero injured players.

I love our guys and I am so appreciative of the season they had, but I have never seen an opponent where I literally feel powerless watching.

Sorry, but this post just strikes me as the epitome of pathetic, with alack of perspective. You feel powerless? Really?

You mean like, how could we stop they're timely bloop hits? Game one was incredibly flukey IMO. Gordon should have been struck out- instead- he get the benefit of the doubt in an incredibly inconsistent strike zone- and the bloops a hit with a broken bat single to right. Those runs, and that win, took all of the pressure off the Royals- continued to let them feel as though they are riding a magic carpet- and that pressure caught up to the Orioles in the 9th on Saturday.

If the Royals keep getting lucky breaks- yeah- maybe we get swept- but i think what goes around comes around- and we win this series in 7.

The Royals have not been head and shoulders better than us- theyve simply felt less (ie NO) pressure because theyve been playing with house money this entire run.

One play here or there in any of those games- heck one strike call and this series could be entirely different. Not blaming the umps either- just a fact. It's baseball though, and usually those things do even out.

I think we take 2 of 3 in KC and come back home to win 2 more. O's aren't dead. Period.

Can the Orioles come back? Yes, they can.

Will it be easy? They have to win 4 of 5 from a very hot team playing three of those games at home, so, no.

To think they they really haven't been all that fired up about this chance to advance to the World Series, but now, because of something one of the opposing players have said, they have decided to turn it on and play harder, is kind of silly.

A lot of the posts in this thread and on this board in general the past couple of days read like sad parodies of overly reactionary sports fans.

The Royals averaged just about 4 runs per game over the 162-game regular season. They had averaged a tick under 4.0 runs per game post All-Star break. They didn't hit many homeruns and it didn't matter if they were home or away. They didn't hit for power. Now in 2 games (two whole games!) they are hitting a lot of homeruns (five) and getting some well placed doubles (four). They have a .429 bABIP over the first two games and that is not because they are consistently tearing the cover off the ball. Yet some people are acting like they are this offensive juggernaut that we are helpless against. It would be funny if it weren't so irritating.

The players that make up their ALCS roster had a collective .690 OPS during the regular season. Incredibly SSS, but they have a collective .955 OPS over the first two games of the ALCS. The O's offense (in terms of players on ALCS roster) was .734 in the regular season and .712 during the first two games which is virtually identical given the small 2 game sample we have the for ALCS. The Royals - who people here have said are playing inspired and making things happen - have one more strike out than the Orioles despite several more AB's. Walks are close (9 to 7) and come down to one uncharacteristic inning from Britton on Friday. In other words, the separator on offense so far has been that the non-power hitting team has suddenly gotten some extra base hits. I am not sure how that leads to the conclusion that the O's are playing lifeless and the Royals are a juggernaut that can't be stopped.

Like Rex said, the Royals might continue to roll and play at this other worldly level in terms of a combination of luck and skill but it isn't totally likely. If they do, there is nothing that can be done about it. It doesn't mean the O's failed. It just means they ran into a hot team in the playoffs where being a hot team is all that matters.

A bright spot is the Royals are a streaky team. After winning 10 games in a row in June (where they scored a bunch of runs), they lost 5 of their next 7 and failed to score many runs. They came out of that a bit (treading water really) before losing 10 out of 13 in mid to late July. They scored 3 runs or less in 8 of those 13 games. They are streaky and as prone to funks as any team. There is plenty of valid, not overly optimistic reasons to believe this series could look a lot different by the end of the work week. It may not, but I don't see what good going all doom and gloom now does. You aren't being realistic. You are being weak and pessimistic.

Archived