The defeatist attitude on here is pretty lame

Es4M11

They don't believe they will lose any game. The Orioles need to crush them Monday and take some of the wind out of their sails. They need to bludgeon them, so the Royals know they have no chance to get back in the game.

The key is getting ahead of them early. 3-run HR in the first couple innings. Then they will either have to hit HRs in a big ballpark or play an awful lot of little ball to come back. Then Caleb throws out on of those speed guys trying to steal down 3 runs in the 6th and kills an inning.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Royals are really sticking it to us. It is really something to see them make the Os work so hard to record each out in the game.

But this series is not over. And for those doom and gloom posters who get off on being negative at every opportunity: log off. See you in 2015.

The Royals are really sticking it to us. It is really something to see them make the Os work so hard to record each out in the game.

But this series is not over. And for those doom and gloom posters who get off on being negative at every opportunity: log off. See you in 2015.

There is certainly room for some doom and gloom. The odds are astronomical that the O's come back and win this series.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

There is certainly room for some doom and gloom. The odds are astronomical that the O's come back and win this series.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

Of course. I just prefer that we limit the thread starting to the existing negative topics. There have been plenty of them that we can post in.

In the month of May, Kansas City had the highest ERA in the majors. Is that "great"

Baltimore's 2014 pitching numbers are better than Kansas City's in just about every meaningful category. Starting pitching is a wash, but Baltimore's bullpen was better.

So, in short, what you posted is false.

Stop posting, troll.

The board has rules; everyone agreed to follow them.

Enough with the name calling and that goes out to everyone. I do not care one bit how much someone aggravates you. Not one bit. Count to 10 and think before you post. Don't sink down to their level. If you have a problem with a post, then report it, or send me a PM. Let me or another moderator address it.

Otherwise, I'll hand out infractions like I'm handing out candy on Halloween.

Finally, don't send me hate mail to add to my collection rationalizing someone deserved it.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/dpDkYZWeeVg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Enough with the name calling and that goes out to everyone. I do not care one bit how much someone aggravates you. Not one bit. Count to 10 and think before you post. Don't sink down to their level. If you have a problem with a post, then report it, or send me a PM. Let me or another moderator address it.

Finally, don't send me hate mail collection rationalizing someone deserved it.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/dpDkYZWeeVg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Yes. Everything you have said.

The Orioles lost two games at home and all of a sudden this team is garbage. I agree that these losses are tough to stomach, but get a grip! We could just as easily go to KC and take all 3 there. It doesn't seem likely, but it wasn't likely that we would win the division by 10+ games either.

Some of you guys on here are sounding like some straight up chumps. It was two games. Baltimore has been a very good road team this year. This series is far from over.

I was at both games and am just now getting online...

I think I should have stayed away. Between here and the radio, I can't believe what I'm hearing. So we win 96 games, sweep the ALDS over the clear favorite Tigers and their 3 Cy Youngs, but now that we've lost two tight games we're a lousy team who doesn't play as a team? We may lose the next two, or we may come back and make this a series, but in any event, I am proud of this team and these men.

If this is how the board will be for the next few days, I may have to stay away until we pull off a win or two. I'm down enough after the past two nights...don't need any help feeling miserable.

I was at both games and am just now getting online...

I think I should have stayed away. Between here and the radio, I can't believe what I'm hearing. So we win 96 games, sweep the ALDS over the clear favorite Tigers and their 3 Cy Youngs, but now that we've lost two tight games we're a lousy team who doesn't play as a team? We may lose the next two, or we may come back and make this a series, but in any event, I am proud of this team and these men.

If this is how the board will be for the next few days, I may have to stay away until we pull off a win or two. I'm down enough after the past two nights...don't need any help feeling miserable.

As always you have a good point.

As always you have a good point.

It was a fun two games Weamsie, except for the outcome. I don't know where else to put this, but did you see the chick on the JumboTron with the boobs T-Shirt? She picked up her shirt like she was flashing the crowd, and underneath had another t shirt with bare bobs. Hilarious! The cameraman real quick went away because he thought she really did it. Great entertainment!

I hand-counted, but I got 18 periods this season where we won 4 out of 5. Maybe more.

First two games of this series were absolutely hard to watch. My wife makes fun of me for having to hide in the next room in pressure situations.

I am freaking stoked we are this far already, and I say why the hell not us? I hope we beat Jeremy Guthrie like a rented mule tomorrow. I will be cheering my heart out (from the next room).

It was a fun two games Weamsie, except for the outcome. I don't know where else to put this, but did you see the chick on the JumboTron with the boobs T-Shirt? She picked up her shirt like she was flashing the crowd, and underneath had another t shirt with bare bobs. Hilarious! The cameraman real quick went away because he thought she really did it. Great entertainment!
Yes we both saw that. And the photo underneath was real boobs.

I hand-counted, but I got 18 periods this season where we won 4 out of 5. Maybe more.

First two games of this series were absolutely hard to watch. My wife makes fun of me for having to hide in the next room in pressure situations.

I am freaking stoked we are this far already, and I say why the hell not us? I hope we beat Jeremy Guthrie like a rented mule tomorrow. I will be cheering my heart out (from the next room).

not counting the very end of the season where we were resting starters, the last 4 times the O's lost 2 in a row they went on to win at least 4 out of 5 all 4 times

Yes we both saw that. And the photo underneath was real boobs.

How did I miss this?

I have to stop trying to read the OH Game thread on my phone between innings and pay attention to the scoreboard. I also went 0 for 2 on the crab shuffle and 0 for 2 on the Guess-the-Year [before the Oriole clue which always gives it to me], both of which I usually nail.

I'm a pessimist. I'll be perfectly honest: I am, and have been for a while, worried about the future of this team (2015 and beyond). There doesn't seem to be much in the way of young organizational depth and we have guys like Davis and Wieters free agents after next year.

As for this series, it's not over. We could lose, we could even get swept, I don't know. But we certainly could win. The outcome of the last two games don't necessarily mean we will lose the next two. And if we do lose, I'll be disappointed, but still extremely proud of this group that accomplished a great deal despite all the obstacles in their way.

I will say this though about the nay sayers: it has been quite a while since we've played meaningful late season high pressure games. The first two of the ALDS went by really quickly (and one of the games was a blowout) so this is the first time since 2012 we've really dealt with this situation. Some people don't know how to cope.

Finally, don't send me hate mail to add to my collection rationalizing someone deserved it.

I didn't send you or anyone else anything of the sort.

Archived