Resign Cruz and let Davis go

Diehard_O's_Fan

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Davis got over $10 million last year. Even with a down year and suspension, I can't see him making less in arbitration.

Steve Pearce made $700 k. He gets a nice raise in arbitration but no where near $10 million.

Christian Walker, Rookie. The cheapest option by far. Lets open the door for him and see what happens. Pearce is the security blanket.

I'm not definitive on who I want to see signed, but I think this is an intriguing option at 1B.

Davis got over $10 million last year. Even with a down year and suspension, I can't see him making less in arbitration.

Steve Pearce made $700 k. He gets a nice raise in arbitration but no where near $10 million.

Christian Walker, Rookie. The cheapest option by far. Lets open the door for him and see what happens. Pearce is the security blanket.

I'm not definitive on who I want to see signed, but I think this is an intriguing option at 1B.

Walker probably wont be on the Roster after ST, look for him to start the season in AAA, unless they are dire straits.

I see Walker as an after ASG promotion.

I guess the answer to the Davis conundrum could simply come down to whether or not his condition gets better, through therapy or a new medical exemption. If he can't see the ball, we'll get more sub .200 hitting. If he can, he'll be a lot more valuable.

So.... any skinny on how he's progressing?

Unless you are a member of the national media looking for an angle.

The Royals are now the new market efficiency team. They are raving about how all teams are going to be looking for speedy players and how teams aren't going to be as interested in power anymore. It's great that the Royals have changed baseball, it's amazing they didn't win 90 games this year.

Walker probably wont be on the Roster after ST, look for him to start the season in AAA, unless they are dire straits.

I see Walker as an after ASG promotion.

Pearce is my 1B, no doubt.

Walker is the backup plan who we hope takes over at some point. Thus, making Davis expendable. I would not make such an argument is Davis weren't making so much money, but at $10 million or more, this is a risk I take.

The Royals are now the new market efficiency team. They are raving about how all teams are going to be looking for speedy players and how teams aren't going to be as interested in power anymore. It's great that the Royals have changed baseball, it's amazing they didn't win 90 games this year.

If speed is all the sudden in demand, let the price go up for it. I'll stick with dingers.

If speed is all the sudden in demand, let the price go up for it. I'll stick with dingers.

All I hear on MLB Network Radio is how every team is going to try to emulate the Royals. The 2014 Royals are the best team in the history of baseball.

All I hear on MLB Network Radio is how every team is going to try to emulate the Royals. The 2014 Royals are the best team in the history of baseball.

Shiny new toy syndrome.

Funny they are not talking about the bullpen more, since that is the sort of thing that actually changes the complexion of a team's playoff chances.

Davis would have hit 30 HR if there weren't a suspension. Even in his worst year he would have been second on the club. I think betting on him to do better next season, considering he had a .242 BABIP, as compared to a career .302, makes more sense than betting on Pearce to replicate an outlier career year.

Archived