Resign Cruz and let Davis go

Diehard_O's_Fan

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pearce was the difference in game 1 alcs. 1b has to be able to pick balls from the dirt. Not sure in game 4 if his throw to Joseph was good or not....

Come on, you are going to hand out $10 million to Davis based on one tough play that Pearce didn't make? I don't disagree with the conclusion - Davis has value as the one of the only lefty power bats that we have - but the reasoning is faulty. I saw enough of Pearce during the year to think that he is just fine at 1B.

I could go either way on Cruz vs. Davis but it doesn't have to be one or the other. Resign Cruz AND Davis. Keep Pearce on the bench or platoon him in RF with Lough. Let Markakis walk. Letting Markakis walk is the strongest position I have.

THIS all day.

After having a 5 WAR season, I believe Pearce has fully earned an everyday position next year instead of worrying about platooning. I think it would be a disservice to both him and the team to bench him when he finally looks like its clicked for him.

I don't think his wrists hold up to playing everyday. Might as well rest him against his tougher matchups.

They didn't seem to have any problems re2pecting Roberts or Cruz.

DD said Cruz was the 'leader of the club' and more when talking about Cruz.

I understand the feelings behind wanting to ditch Davis but I don't think that idea acknowledges the reality of MLB.

BTW I love what I see of Cruz on the tv. Smiling, fired up, acts like he's been there before....for a fan who despises the diva complex NFL players have I really find a lot to like in Cruz because he has every excuse to act like a diva on the field but doesn't do it.

I don't know about you Oriole fans but if I were Dan I would resign Nelson Cruz and let Chris Davis go. Steve Pierce can hit better than 1.98 and will hit at least 20 to 35 home runs. I don't think the Oriole players respect Chris anymore and frankly how can you blame them. What do you think?

I'm kind of hte opposite. I bring back Davis for sure, and resign Cruz only if it is economically feasible. If we keep Cruz at DH though to prevent further wear and tear, a 3 year, 42 million dollar deal may be worth it.

Could be, but what do we really know about his problems with his wrists? Sounds like Pearce is a workaholic in the batting cages. Maybe he simply needs to tone down how much time he spends in the cage.

He manged to tweak them this season so I am worried it will be an ongoing issue.

I make Miller and Markakis the priority, and I don't worry about Cruz or Davis. I was one of the only ones happy about the Cruz deal last offseason, but I want no part of a long term deal with him. I would give him the qualifying offer and wait for my pick, or get him for a one year deal. Davis I would trade. This team needs more OBP, and it needs more athletic players with speed. If we can bring back Markakis and sign Miller, the only thing I would be looking to add would be a legit lead off hitter, a table setter, and move Markakis to the 3 hole and Jones to the 5 hole.

I think I would look to move Norris and Davis for a good lead off man.

I make Miller and Markakis the priority, and I don't worry about Cruz or Davis. I was one of the only ones happy about the Cruz deal last offseason, but I want no part of a long term deal with him. I would give him the qualifying offer and wait for my pick, or get him for a one year deal. Davis I would trade. This team needs more OBP, and it needs more athletic players with speed. If we can bring back Markakis and sign Miller, the only thing I would be looking to add would be a legit lead off hitter, a table setter, and move Markakis to the 3 hole and Jones to the 5 hole.

I think I would look to move Norris and Davis for a good lead off man.

So that we are not only a top four team. Like we are this way? See, I disagree in such a strong way. And Markakis. Number 3. Wow. Hope for a 2008 season?

I could go either way on Cruz vs. Davis but it doesn't have to be one or the other. Resign Cruz AND Davis. Keep Pearce on the bench or platoon him in RF with Lough. Let Markakis walk. Letting Markakis walk is the strongest position I have.

Agreed if the deal for Cruz is reasonable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived