Buck's reputation, that he can't win the big games

Valhalla

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Great Idea! Then, everyone with an original idea or an idea that conflicted with the moderators or most popular posters, would be afraid to post. Do you want a clique fest or open forum?

Don't get me wrong. I want an open forum. I just wish we could imprison people who make posts like the OP, refuse to make right turns on red, etc. Basically, feel free to think and do what you want as long as it doesn't offend my sensibilities.

There is nothing wrong with only following winning teams. Who is keeping score? Wasting thousands of hours a year on losers is a loser's mentality. Fans need to be way harder on their teams and put more pressure on their markets to bring out winners IMO. You all seem to be acting like it is okay we lost but that is a loser's mentality. WS or nothing.

The best jokes have delayed fuses. That includes parody. Well done bro...

That's a crock so far as I'm concerned. Sometimes you lose to a hot team, that doesn't mean you choked. And if anyone did choke, it wasn't because of Buck. I have no idea what he was like when he managed his previous teams, but his demeanor as Orioles manager is perfect in my opinion.

Bravo, well stated Frobby.

Nevermind, not worth fighting. Being called an 'idiot' and 'moron' though, I am going to take the high road. Great maturity on this site. At least I remember why traditional internet forums like this are dying across the web.

You started the thread. You come on here and say Buck is a choker which was designed to rile everyone up then complain about immaturity and the demise of message boards? Wow, just WOW. Pot meet kettle.

There is nothing wrong with only following winning teams. Who is keeping score? Wasting thousands of hours a year on losers is a loser's mentality. Fans need to be way harder on their teams and put more pressure on their markets to bring out winners IMO. You all seem to be acting like it is okay we lost but that is a loser's mentality. WS or nothing.

I sure hope you're one of those people who come across as way, way more of a jerk online than in real life. Or are you one of those parents who takes the switch to the kid for six A's and a B? Or are you just Mark Teixiera, who couldn't care less about the home team and rooting with a sense of community and friendship, and instead just picking whomever was the in championship the most lately?

While I respect your right to this opinion, I do not understand it.

You are either a fan of the team are you aren't. You can certainly be disappointed in the performance, but IMO no fan has the right to demand anything but maximum effort from its players and management.

Sounds like you are ready to move on from the Orioles, I hope that the next team that you root for meets your "demands".

Nevermind, not worth fighting. Being called an 'idiot' and 'moron' though, I am going to take the high road. Great maturity on this site. At least I remember why traditional internet forums like this are dying across the web.

Take the high road after calling the board losers following a losing team. Nice work. Still couldn't answer who you'd want to manage this team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If internet forums dying at all, it's more likely because of the questionable contributions of people such as yourself. You put forth a calculatedly antagonistic proposition then after virtually no attempt to defend it self-righteously run away full speed down "the high road". Pathetic, but whatever else you do, please continue to lecture us on maturity.

I don't take you or your thread seriously. To accept that you actually believe what you claim to believe would be far more insulting than to call you an idiot or a moron to your face. I don't think this thread is anything more than trolling at it's purest. By all means prove me and everyone else wrong. Make your case against Buck Showalter in light of everything he's accomplished since coming to Baltimore.

Most of the posts I have read here simply strongly disagree with your opening post. And not just for your opinion but for the lack of any reasoned argument to support it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

While I respect your right to this opinion, I do not understand it.

People have the right to have whatever opinion they want. But they need to understand that everyone else has the right to not respect that opinion, to consider it wrong or invalid or derived from a flawed basis. Just because you have an opinion and live in a free society doesn't make that opinion valid.

If I tell you the sky is green I'd expect to be called either colorblind or an idiot.

Archived