Official Winter Meetings Thread

weams

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Some of us served our country in that capacity.

And we are grateful. There is no doubt about that those that have served and are serving in intelligence are protecting our way of life, and are second to none in the world.

Having said that, it is called humor. Robin Williams and Groucho Marx are funny. It is not a personal attack. Maybe lighten up just a little.

And we are grateful. There is no doubt about that those that have served and are serving in intelligence are protecting our way of life, and are second to none in the world.

Having said that, it is called humor. Robin Williams and Groucho Marx are funny. It is not a personal attack. Maybe lighten up just a little.

I didn't take it as a personal attack.

I'll gladly take a shot at myself for a laugh.

But you are wrong about it being funny. Maybe it was funny 50 years ago.

Now it is just tired.

It's not Nick that is going to be a problem replacing; it's Cruz. Nick will be replaced by Pearce/Lough' date=' DeAza will be the LF, as he was for the playoffs. It's the question of who will man the DH spot? How will we replace that production?[/quote']

De Aza is fine as a platoon player. It would be a serious mistake to count on him as an every day player. His splits against LHP are some of the worst I've ever seen.

Sandy Leon - C - Nationals

MASN Sports' Roch Kubatko hears that the Orioles have Nationals catcher Sandy Leon on their radar.

The Orioles have liked Leon in the past and have talked about a potential trade with the Nationals before, so they could revisit the possibility as they search for a backup catcher. The 25-year-old isn't much of a hitter, but he has a strong arm behind the plate. The Nationals already have Wilson Ramos and Jose Lobaton in-house, so he could be expendable.

Related: Orioles

De Aza is fine as a platoon player. It would be a serious mistake to count on him as an every day player. His splits against LHP are some of the worst I've ever seen.

De Aza has a career .677 OPS versus LHP compared to a .748 OPS versus RHP. He had an OPS of over .700 in 2011, 2012 and 2013 versus LHP (2011 was the first season where he received more than 100 PA's at the major league level). Last year his splits were terrible but over a large sample size, he is perfectly competent against LHP.

So with Delino Deshields Jr. being unprotected for the Rule 5 draft...

if he's somehow available when we pick, I'd be furious if we pass on him.

agreed, we got no reason not to given our lack of moves. However, I know people keep saying not everyone picks, but we are towards the end. Don't expect anything good, Deshields will be gone IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sandy Leon - C - Nationals

MASN Sports' Roch Kubatko hears that the Orioles have Nationals catcher Sandy Leon on their radar.

The Orioles have liked Leon in the past and have talked about a potential trade with the Nationals before, so they could revisit the possibility as they search for a backup catcher. The 25-year-old isn't much of a hitter, but he has a strong arm behind the plate. The Nationals already have Wilson Ramos and Jose Lobaton in-house, so he could be expendable.

Related: Orioles

I like Sandy Leon. Good player. Right age.

agreed, we got no reason not to given our lack of moves. However, I know people keep saying not everyone picks, but we are towards the end. Don't expect anything good, Deshields will be gone IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I fully expect us to pick up a power arm for the bullpen with our pick.

Archived