Marlon Byrd??

wildcard

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2014 we were so close,today were talking about a thirty eight year old player. The O'S let three free agents walk,and what does 2015 free agent list include.We are about to miss the boat.

This will be my last comment to OH.

Miss the boat? What about all of our current strengths? Jones, Machado, Hardy with some real talent on the horizon in Bundy and Gausman? Byrd would be a mistake but that won't turn the players that are already here into bad players. Some people have got to take a step away from the edge.

I'm sure Phillies will want Bundy and Gausman for him, according to Ruben all phil's players are worth a lot.

I read in article today linked to TradeRumors or something from a Philly paper, and the writer even said something like, "It's unlikely the Orioles trade Bundy or Gausman for Byrd..." I can't even imagine an Orioles paper even discussing them if the script was flipped. If we had a 37 year, declining 2 WAR player under K for two years, the idea that we would get a top prospect in return for him wouldn't even enter our mind, to the point where an O's reporter would basically have to say, "while it's possible, it's difficult to imagine." Roch would just assume the audience weren't idiots, and not have to rule out something so crazy in his article. But in RubenWorld, it actually has to be at least brought up.

I read in article today linked to TradeRumors or something from a Philly paper' date=' and the writer even said something like, "It's unlikely the Orioles trade Bundy or Gausman for Byrd..." I can't even imagine an Orioles paper even discussing them if the script was flipped. If we had a 37 year, declining 2 WAR player under K for two years, the idea that we would get a top prospect in return for him wouldn't even enter our mind, to the point where an O's reporter would basically have to say, "while it's possible, it's difficult to imagine." Roch would just assume the audience weren't idiots, and not have to rule out something so crazy in his article. But in RubenWorld, it actually has to be at least brought up.[/quote']

So we passed on Cruz but will trade for an old Byrd and essentially a 3 year deal :(

I read in article today linked to TradeRumors or something from a Philly paper' date=' and the writer even said something like, "It's unlikely the Orioles trade Bundy or Gausman for Byrd..." I can't even imagine an Orioles paper even discussing them if the script was flipped. If we had a 37 year, declining 2 WAR player under K for two years, the idea that we would get a top prospect in return for him wouldn't even enter our mind, to the point where an O's reporter would basically have to say, "while it's possible, it's difficult to imagine." Roch would just assume the audience weren't idiots, and not have to rule out something so crazy in his article. But in RubenWorld, it actually has to be at least brought up.[/quote']

You see it's stuff like this that falsely raises the expectations of a fan base.

So we passed on Cruz but will trade for an old Byrd and essentially a 3 year deal :(

We passed on Cruz at 15 mil per year for four or more years. Byrd gets 8 million next year with a vesting option for 2016. How do you get essentially three years from that?

Archived