Chen for Gattis? Just a thought...

rolltide

Braves want pitching, Gattis could be a part time catcher/DH/OF.

The guy is built for the American League and Chen could be a huge asset to the Braves rotation. I would want more than just Gattis but I think it is a good place to start discussions.

Thoughts.....?:cool:

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The guy is built for the American League and Chen could be a huge asset to the Braves rotation. I would want more than just Gattis but I think it is a good place to start discussions.

They want cheap controlled pitching. They want Ventura. Or Gausman.

Yup, not happening. Now if it's something like Bundy for Gattis and J Upton then that could make sense for the O's but the Braves wouldn't agree to something like that.

Chen is a pretty decent pitcher, but he's not the type of pitcher the Braves would be looking for in return of 4 years of a damn good RH power bat which is difficult to find these days. They have their eyes set much higher.

But it seems like the Braves are steering talks away from Gattis and will likely keep him unless they are completely blown away.

Spot on Weems as there is a reason they are trying to trade their best player in Justin Upton and their second best player in Heyward, which is they had only one year of control left.....The Braves are very much in are league when it comes to being a mid tier revenue team.

I like Gattis as a part time Catcher/DH/OF to help backup an injured Wieters this year and years to come, but I suspect Buck won't allow his catcher to be a below average D guy like Gattis even though he has good framing numbers.

Now a package such as Gonzo Wright and Davies might get it done but thats a tough trigger to pull since I love Davies.

Do people really think before they post trade ideas? Chen for Gattis and you want more that is so funny. The Braves would hang up on you so fast.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>When the Royals showed interest in Evan Gattis a few weeks ago, the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Braves?src=hash">#Braves</a> asked for Yordano Ventura. KC will likely not deal Ventura.</p>— Mark Bowman (@mlbbowman) <a href="

">December 8, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I want a Bently, unfortunately I do not have the money for one and Gattis is not enough to net them either of those guys or a similar player.

Gattis good enough to net them some solid prospects that are not MLB ready or to net them a solid player in return. Personally I would not make that trade, I do not like moving our one LH pitcher in the rotation. I might offer them Norris, Alvarez and someone like Bridwell for Gattis and maybe a bullpen arm.

I wouldn't trade a starting pitcher.

Hate to tell you this but that's all the Oriole have to trade. Our hitting prospects not bringing back much in a trade.

Do people really think before they post trade ideas? Chen for Gattis and you want more that is so funny. The Braves would hang up on you so fast.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>When the Royals showed interest in Evan Gattis a few weeks ago, the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Braves?src=hash">#Braves</a> asked for Yordano Ventura. KC will likely not deal Ventura.</p>— Mark Bowman (@mlbbowman) <a href="

">December 8, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Then they better enjoy Gattis.

He is a decent player but certainly not good enough to warrant getting back Ventura or Gausman type talent.

He is worth more than a one year rental type obviously like Chen or Norris but if they think they should get a haul like Ventura, they will not move him.

I'd do the trade. Gattis is cost controlled and even if you have him at a 2 WAR player going forward, there's still a lot of value on the contract.

I'd do the trade. Gattis is cost controlled and even if you have him at a 2 WAR player going forward' date=' there's still a lot of value on the contract.[/quote']

No value to the Braves though going back. Chen if they want they are better off waiting till he hits the FA market. If they really were expecting to compete next year they would not be trading Heyward, putting Upton on the market etc

Archived