Toronto looking for New President to be Duquette.

OriolesManiac88

Wow.

All those still wondering about Angelos' role still, this may have answered your question. DD took the O's because he needed to build up his rep. But maybe he couldn't stand playing second fiddle to Angelos or Buck?

Crazy crazy stuff here....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You mean to say that if you were a VP with a company and a competitor offered you the chance to be their President and CEO, you wouldn't be interested?

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The more I think about this, the more off putting it is. There is a HUGE conflict of interest in this. How can Dan be making any type of long term decisions (or short term ones) with this type of situation going on.

Very low class by both the Blue Jays and DD if you ask me. I know this crap happens all the time in the corporate world, but they aren't under the same type of media/fan scrutiny that baseball is. This is lame.

You mean to say that if you were a VP with a company and a competitor offered you the chance to be their President and CEO, you wouldn't be interested?

I see your point but you also must realize there must be something he is unhappy about, the guy just got extended.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The more I think about this, the more off putting it is. There is a HUGE conflict of interest in this. How can Dan be making any type of long term decisions (or short term ones) with this type of situation going on.

Very low class by both the Blue Jays and DD if you ask me. I know this crap happens all the time in the corporate world, but they aren't under the same type of media/fan scrutiny that baseball is. This is lame.

The Jays are a corporation.

You think their board of directors care?

Kenny Williams better think twice before he resigns. Sounds like DD already has the job! lol

This is weird. Have to assume the Jays already had permission to talk to Duquette or this is clearly a case of tampering. Either way, sounds like DD is gone. If he wants that job, there is certainly no reason to try and keep him now. I'm not sure what we can get from the Jays but a prospect would be nice. I would like to see some continuity in the organization and even though Brady doesn't have a lot of experience, I think I'd prefer him, with the hope that we keep the current infrastructure together. Of course, we have Lee Thomas around too. I wonder where his loyalties are?

If you give it Brady, then maybe you bring in someone in to be the President of Baseball Operations and make Brady the GM.

I am leery about turning over the kingdom and all that goes with to someone like Brady who I think would be OK in a GM role but not sure if he has the necessary experience yet to run the whole thing.

Archived