Toronto looking for New President to be Duquette.

OriolesManiac88

Well there are John and Louis Angelos. Over the team. dan is just baseball ops here. There he would be essentially the CEO for a corporate entity.

Yup he can do what he wants with Blue Jays. No owner saying no to him.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What has he been unable to do?

If I were guessing it would have to do with determine how long he feels a guy should be signed for among other things. If he felt constrained that would be one area that I guess might be on his list. He may also be tired of slapping hustling his butt off to find bandaids when he knows that the team as the resources to do better.

Lets face it, if you were DD what would you rather do, work for an ownership group that will let you go out and get those couple of nice toys you want despite the fact they are expensive or work for an owner whom you have to shake voraciously for whatever change falls out his pockets?

If I were guessing it would have to do with determine how long he feels a guy should be signed for among other things. If he felt constrained that would be one area that I guess might be on his list. He may also be tired of slapping hustling his butt off to find bandaids when he knows that the team as the resources to do better.

Lets face it, if you were DD what would you rather do, work for an ownership group that will let you go out and get those couple of nice toys you want despite the fact they are expensive or work for an owner whom you have to shake voraciously for whatever change falls out his pockets?

Bingo!

This is awful news. Hopefully he can be convinced to stay. Although Duquette doesnot have free reign. Isn't Buck's input "required" for many of the decisions he makes regarding the mlb roster.

I actually believe the bigger impediment is having to continuously sell Pete on every expenditure of any significance and Pete's unrealistic expectation that each and every one of those expenditures pay off.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Dan Duquette very highly valued by O's and under contract for 3 more years, so it's very unlikely they would let him go.</p>— Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN) <a href="

">December 7, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Some good news.

That would put us in limbo. Thanks. Do you think he'd do something to hurt the O's and help the Jays with the chance that he might become the enemy? I don't.

No I don't either but that said I do believe if Dan walks, whomever succeeds him deserves the chance to do it their way

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Dan Duquette very highly valued by O's and under contract for 3 more years, so it's very unlikely they would let him go.</p>— Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN) <a href="

Some good news.

YEA!

Makes me feel a little better

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Dan Duquette very highly valued by O's and under contract for 3 more years, so it's very unlikely they would let him go.</p>? Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN) <a href="

Some good news.

Yes, but doubt Angelos blocks a promotion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived