Ryan Lavarnway ?

Greg

Is there any merit to thinking the Orioles could start Wieters at 1B and he and Davis swap at DH occasionally?

It would make sense if they are considering Pearce/DeAza for corner outfield and using Joseph/Lavarnway for platoon catching.

I guess I'm just overly concerned we have a glaring DH/RF hole.

Why not just DH Wieters until he is ready to catch full time?

I was suggesting it might be a more... permanent switch.

Wieters and Davis will both be gone after next year, so there is no reason for the Orioles to let Wieters learn a new position on the job. I expect he'll see some time at DH even after he's ready to catch. I hope he's ready to catch five days a week by August.

Is there any merit to thinking the Orioles could start Wieters at 1B and he and Davis swap at DH occasionally?

It would make sense if they are considering Pearce/DeAza for corner outfield and using Joseph/Lavarnway for platoon catching.

I guess I'm just overly concerned we have a glaring DH/RF hole.

Wieters is at least 75 percent of 2014 Cruz at DH. Pearce/DeAza are a superior right field to 2014 Nick. You know, with his bad neck, no power and all. He had a .729 OPS even with his good OBP.

Wieters and Davis will both be gone after next year, so there is no reason for the Orioles to let Wieters learn a new position on the job. I expect he'll see some time at DH even after he's ready to catch. I hope he's ready to catch five days a week by August.

Me too.

Archived