Orioles in trade talks for Andre Ethier

Mooreisbetter27

Saw this pop-up on my Team Stream App but haven't been able to find it in MLB Trade Rumors.

Roch has a little snippet here:

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2015/01/rasmus-aoki-and-ethier-still-among-orioles-outfield-options.html

Wonder what it would take to get him.

Thoughts?

Edit: For the record, I am not a fan. Too much money and would require a prospect.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Saw this pop-up on my Team Stream App but haven't been able to find it in MLB Trade Rumors.

Roch has a little snippet here:

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2015/01/rasmus-aoki-and-ethier-still-among-orioles-outfield-options.html

Wonder what it would take to get him.

Thoughts?

Edit: For the record, I am not a fan. Too much money and would require a prospect.

This was Roch doing a who's left piece. I believe that the talks were past tense.

We just do not know. Buck reportedly just returned from meeting with Rasmus. That may have gone real well, and buck may be comfortable with Rasmus on the team. Or, he may have come home deciding that Colby Rasmus is completely un coachable and he wants no part of him on his team. Who knows?

If it is scenario number one, the Ethier talk is just leverage to get Rasmus signed. If it is scenario two, it is genuine interest in Ethier. Only time will tell.

We just do not know. Buck reportedly just returned from meeting with Rasmus. That may have gone real well, and buck may be comfortable with Rasmus on the team. Or, he may have come home deciding that Colby Rasmus is completely un coachable and he wants no part of him on his team. Who knows?

If it is scenario number one, the Ethier talk is just leverage to get Rasmus signed. If it is scenario two, it is genuine interest in Ethier. Only time will tell.

You think? I am not of that opinion. I think Roch needed to make a Sunday blog. Industry source can be Ned Colletti. And it can be from back at the Winter meetings. Something to talk about. I mean, he's left handed and an outfielder.

You think? I am not of that opinion. I think Roch needed to make a Sunday blog. Industry source can be Ned Colletti. And it can be from back at the Winter meetings. Something to talk about. I mean, he's left handed and an outfielder.

I hear you, I don't really know, nor do I have a good feel for any of this. If they get a guy like Rasmus or Ethier why would they want to also have DeAza? Will DeAza become part of a trade package? He would not be worth much, because to me his nearly 6 million dollar contract is a bit of a stretch. Tell me something good Weams, I don't understand....

I hear you, I don't really know, nor do I have a good feel for any of this. If they get a guy like Rasmus or Ethier why would they want to also have DeAza? Will DeAza become part of a trade package? He would not be worth much, because to me his nearly 6 million dollar contract is a bit of a stretch. Tell me something good Weams, I don't understand....

De Aza will play left every day. Except when Delmon plays there. Rasmus will play right five out of six days. Adam will play center 160 days. That's a nice outfield with Lough as a fourth.

I don't know how De Aza isn't our lead off hitter either way. Lough would have the short straw IMO.

I actually like Either to bounce back and if the Dodgers eat a big chunk of the coteaft I'd be in... Either would have to be a dump with not much going back and if the Os can get him at 7 million per year there's no reason to think he wouldn't rebound,

I don't know how De Aza isn't our lead off hitter either way. Lough would have the short straw IMO.

I actually like Either to bounce back and if the Dodgers eat a big chunk of the coteaft I'd be in... Either would have to be a dump with not much going back and if the Os can get him at 7 million per year there's no reason to think he wouldn't rebound,

Ethier has one of the worst contracts in all of baseball.

No one does. If Wieters catches, Pearce will DH vs. RHP's with De Aza in LF and Rasmus in RF. Against LHP, Pearce will play LF or RF and Young will DH.

If Wieters can't catch and is the everyday DH (God forbid!), then Pearce and Young are both available to play LF/RF against LHP's. If the team has a choice of putting Young or Pearce at the DH/LF spots in the same game, it's a no brainer to DH Young and put Pearce in LF.

I like those thoughts.

It's crazy how some here are thinking a 1 year wonder is gonna be a good player again in 2015. Look i hope Pearce does good but not getting my hopes up.

Archived