Orioles in trade talks for Andre Ethier

Mooreisbetter27

Pearce reminds me of 2013 Daniel Nava.

Nava had a 1 year wonder that helped Boston win it all. Then Boston counted on him in 2014 and he came back to earth big time.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's crazy how some here are thinking a 1 year wonder is gonna be a good player again in 2015. Look i hope Pearce does good but not getting my hopes up.

My sentiments exactly. Pearce was a feel good story last year. I was happy for him.

I just do not think he will duplicate his performance again this year. I hope I am proven wrong though.

He does not have to duplicate his performance to be a contributor to this team. No one is expecting a .930 OPS again. Do we expect anyone else on the team to do that either?

Duplicate was the wrong word to use. But there was a reason the Orioles released Pearce and only one other team (the Blue Jays) were interested into signing him.

I hear you, I don't really know, nor do I have a good feel for any of this. If they get a guy like Rasmus or Ethier why would they want to also have DeAza? Will DeAza become part of a trade package? He would not be worth much, because to me his nearly 6 million dollar contract is a bit of a stretch. Tell me something good Weams, I don't understand....

DeAza replaces Nick in RF. Ethier replaces Cruz as LF/DH. Pearce DH against LHP, plays occasional 1B and corner OF. All things being equal, Ethier is.a much more dependable bat than Rasmus. I can see why we would be interested.

Pearce reminds me of 2013 Daniel Nava.

Nava had a 1 year wonder that helped Boston win it all. Then Boston counted on him in 2014 and he came back to earth big time.

I agree. Pearce should get every opportunity to play vs LHP he can get (LF-RF-1B), with Young DHing. He has a compact swing with a tendency to pull. He is a limited hitter vs RHP. If the Orioles sign Rasmus or trade for Ethier and Wieters catches, I think Lough should be taking at least some ABs away from Pearce.

But hey, maybe I'm wrong and Pearce really is going to OPS .750+ against righties in 2015. I'll ultimately trust the team's call.

I don't know if this has been mentioned already, but does this mean we can assume that Buck's meeting with Rasmus didn't go well? Or is it too early to draw that conclusion?

No. We can assume the thread title is slightly inaccurate.

No. We can assume the thread title is slightly inaccurate.
...have engaged in trade talks with the Dodgers regarding Andre Ethier, according to an industry source.

Have engaged could be the past tense that it implies. It is no news that the Orioles and Dodgers have spoken on sever players.

A guy on the Dodgers website suggested

Thoughts ? What is the value or League versus Hunter?

If you don't think Jimenez can turn it around you have to really think about it.

Archived