Orioles in trade talks for Andre Ethier

Mooreisbetter27

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
League is not as good as Hunter (JMO) and he makes a lot of money. I don't like that trade. Jiminez is owed 3/39M. Hunter gets about 4M in arbitration.

Ethier is guaranteed 3/56M. League is guaranteed 7.5M this year. With 20M from the Dodgers we are taking on 43.5M in guaranteed contracts and giving up about the same. However, we weaken the bullpen and lose our starter depth for an outfielder who bottomed out last year (replacement level) and turns 33 in April.

If you value Ethier and think Jimenez has no value than I guess you can make a case.

I don't like the League piece and would require more money. That said I'm not a big Hunter fan.

If you trade Ulbaldos contract and get twenty million your not paying 50 million
League is not as good as Hunter (JMO) and he makes a lot of money. I don't like that trade. Jiminez is owed 3/39M. Hunter gets about 4M in arbitration.

Ethier is guaranteed 3/56M. League is guaranteed 7.5M this year. With 20M from the Dodgers we are taking on 43.5M in guaranteed contracts and giving up about the same. However, we weaken the bullpen and lose our starter depth for an outfielder who bottomed out last year (replacement level) and turns 33 in April.

If you value Ethier and think Jimenez has no value than I guess you can make a case.

There you go. And don't believe Jimenez will be a bust.

You don't get the 20. So it is more than that.

If you could get the Dodgers to give 6 million per year and take Jiminez the trade is about even. I don't see the need to swap relievers like the Dodgers blogger suggested but would consider it if they added another 9 million to the deal.

I think Either had a bad year and could easily rebound and will likely take advantage of the short LF porch. If you could get his career avg .280 OBP .360 and 18-22 homers with 80 RBIs it would ge a nice deal....along with a .780 ish OPS which is lower than his average of .821

If you could get the Dodgers to give 6 million per year and take Jiminez the trade is about even. I don't see the need to swap relievers like the Dodgers blogger suggested but would consider it if they added another 9 million to the deal.

I think Either had a bad year and could easily rebound and will likely take advantage of the short LF porch. If you could get his career avg .280 OBP .360 and 18-22 homers with 80 RBIs it would ge a nice deal....along with a .780 ish OPS which is lower than his average of .821

Yeah. I don't want him. Sorry.

Just curious. How much do you think you know about Andrew Ethier, the player?

He's probably a very nice person. I have seen that he and his wife do charity. Much like Nick and Christina did. On the field, I would rather have spent the money on our own powerless right fielder. I feel he is decline and his skills will not improve with age.

Sure, you can make a case that he's in decline. I just think calling him flat out, awful is a bit strong. The guy was a 3 WAR player as recently as 2013. He's going to turn 33 this April. You can make a case that he's in decline but another case that he isn't as bad as his numbers looked last year too. I just wondered how much you know about him to just call him awful.

You are right, I was being strong. He is certainly an awful contract. As Nick Markakis' is likely to be.

Archived