vs. Tigers, March 3 (2015 ST Opener)

Frobby

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Time to get that ugly Royals thread off the front page! 50 days until the Spring Training Opener!

RHP Chris Tillman

LF Alejandro De Aza

3B Manny Machado

CF Adam Jones

DH Matt Wieters

RF Delmon Young

1B Steve Pearce

SS J.J. Hardy

C Caleb Joseph

2B Jon Schoop

RHP Chris Tillman

LF Alejandro De Aza

3B Manny Machado

CF Adam Jones

DH Matt Wieters

RF Delmon Young

1B Steve Pearce

SS J.J. Hardy

C Caleb Joseph

2B Jon Schoop

I'd be very surprised if the O's brought this many regulars for the spring training opener, especially since it's an away game. Last year Buck usually only brought 2-3 regulars (at most) for away games in ST.

• 2 weeks later...
I'd be very surprised if the O's brought this many regulars for the spring training opener, especially since it's an away game. Last year Buck usually only brought 2-3 regulars (at most) for away games in ST.

How about this:

LF - De Aza

2B - Navarro

RF - Parmelee

DH - Young

1B - Walker

3B - Paredes

CF - Lough

C - Arencibia

SS - Martinez

RHP Chris Tillman

LF Alejandro De Aza

3B Manny Machado

CF Adam Jones

DH Matt Wieters

RF Delmon Young

1B Steve Pearce

SS J.J. Hardy

C Caleb Joseph

2B Jon Schoop

I'd be very surprised if the O's brought this many regulars for the spring training opener, especially since it's an away game. Last year Buck, usually only brought 2-3 regulars (at most) for away games in ST.

We have a new commissioner that is currently on a "more offense/shorter games" quest.

If he adds "counting spring training games to increase fan interest" to the mix, we not only may be seeing that lineup on March 3rd, but we also may see Tillman still on the mound as late as the 6th or 7th inning.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Yes, I am aware that this is basically just a repeat of the other days chat. it’s quite possible. This post was inspired by that chat. But the point remains valid. I can only say what I’ve already said it’s still how I feel. If the bullpen management doesn’t improve, I don’t think it will be a three game gap, but if we lose the division 108-105, I will be very disappointed. And it seems that a lot of people feel the same way.  
    • Logan Webb is pretty much where my list starts and ends. 4+ wins 3 years in a row, including 5 wins last year, on pace for a career year this year, and under contract at a reasonable price for 4 more years.  That would be a near perfect comp for the Chris Sale white sox trade.
    • This is just a repeat of the discussion the other day.  We don’t control what the Yankees do, except when we play them.  The O’s are on pace to win 106 games.  There’s no way I’d be disappointed in them if they did that, no matter what the Yankees did.  Only 6% of our posters thought the O’s would exceed 101 wins this year; 85% expected a drop to 97 wins or lower.     
    • Grayson’s first 10 starts of 2023 compared to this year: 2023: 45.1 iP, 57 H, 37 ER, 21 BB, 56 K, 13 HR 2024: 57.2 IP, 54 H, 21 ER, 21 BB, 65 K, 6 HR He hasn’t been quite as dominant as he was in the second half of last year, but he’s getting it done.  
    • The 1997 Orioles started 50-23 (111 win pace) and finished 98-64. It's rare for a team to stay this hot for all 162 games.
    • Elias sounded like he’s interested in figuring out a way to retain Means: “This is not career-ending. We're going to get him back in good shape. But this surgery takes time." Means, 31, is a free agent after the season, further clouding his future in Baltimore and in baseball. He signed a two-year, $5.925 million contract in May 2022 and avoided arbitration in January by agreeing to a $3.325 million deal. "I think the first step is taking care of this and we're going to support him and we have a long relationship and he's a special member of this organization, just given everything that he's done," Elias said. "Obviously, we talk a lot, so I'm sure we'll be dialoging with him as we get him back on his feet medically. He's going to make it back. He's a big, strong guy, and once he gets this elbow injury fully behind him - which hasn't really been the case, it seems like, going back into last year - I think he's got a lot of really good pitching ahead of him." https://www.masnsports.com/blog/means-and-wells-undergoing-elbow-surgery
    • It's the Yankees. It's pride, regardless of anything else.
  • Popular Contributors