DOCSHOREBIRD At Mini Camp

weams

Not much was scheduled today and it sprinkled a little.

Three photos. They are all of Mark Hendrickson. One is a good baseball shot and the other two have humor ;)

6'9" LHP Mark Hendrickson is 40 years old and has changed his arm slot

to sidearm. He last pitched for the Os in 2011, but I think he also

pitched for Norfolk in 2013.

Photo 1 is the good baseball photo showing his new sidearm delivery.

(LHP Mark Hendrickson displays his new sidearm delivery.)

Mark%20Hendrickson%202.jpg?psid=1

Photo 2 shows Buck sneaking a peak of his pitching (Manager Buck

Showalter observes LHP Mark Hendrickson new sidearm delivery.)

1%20%282%29.jpg?psid=1

Photo 3 shows Dave Wallace watching (Pitching Coach Dave Wallace

watches LHP Mark Hendrickson's new sidearm delivery.)

Hendrickson%20%26%20Wallace.jpg?psid=1

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Buck's look says, "why are we wasting our time on this?"

Showalter convinced Hendrickson to lower his arm slot and now refers to him as a "tweener" - somewhere between sidearm and submarine style.

"He's in no-man's land," Showalter said.

"Either you're there or get back up here," Showalter said, providing a demonstration for the media. "When you get in here (straight sidearm), everything flattens out. The ball is going this way, staying on a plane. When you get down here, you can change planes. When you get up here, you can change planes.

"I don't even know if we'll bring him to camp or not. We'll see. I'll sit down with Dom (Chiti) and Dave (Wallace) when it's over and see what they think and also see what our roster invite list looks like."

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2015/01/updating-wieters-and-more-notes-from-minicamp.html

Dylan Bundy is built like a fire hydrant.

He looks soft to me there. I am surprised that someone who prides himself on his fitness looks has let it get away from him a bit. And please don't post a bunch of videos and pics of Bundy working out to claim he is fit. He doesn't look the same as he does in those pics and videos.

I am not alarmed except that it seems to go against his reputation for working hard.

He looks soft to me there. I am surprised that someone who prides himself on his fitness looks has let it get away from him a bit. And please don't post a bunch of videos and pics of Bundy working out to claim he is fit. He doesn't look the same as he does in those pics and videos.

I am not alarmed except that it seems to go against his reputation for working hard.

I wouldn't mind looking "soft" like Bundy. Dude looks like he could bench press a truck!

I wouldn't mind looking "soft" like Bundy. Dude looks like he could bench press a truck!

Here he is in January 2013.

Screen-Shot-2013-01-31-at-2.25.18-PM.jpg

He is noticeably softer in the middle and not as muscular now. I am sure that his upper body work has been affected by the Tommy John surgery. It just looks like he is a bit heavier. He doesn't look that much different than Hunter, who reportedly is an excellent athlete that carries a bit of a spare tire. My only concern is that this could be as a result of a lack of dedication. Dedication is what got all 6' of him to be a #1 prospect. Probably ends up being a sign of nothing, but you never know.

His legs look very thick but I wouldn't say he looks soft, necessarily. He looks pretty muscular from what I can tell.

Yea, I'm not seeing soft.

His legs look huge but it's muscle. The shirt is hanging off of him so I can't tell if he has a bit of a belly or a six pack going.

I will say that if someone asked me to guess his height off of this picture I would say about 5'6".

He is noticeably softer in the middle and not as muscular now. I am sure that his upper body work has been affected by the Tommy John surgery. It just looks like he is a bit heavier. He doesn't look that much different than Hunter, who reportedly is an excellent athlete that carries a bit of a spare tire. My only concern is that this could be as a result of a lack of dedication. Dedication is what got all 6' of him to be a #1 prospect. Probably ends up being a sign of nothing, but you never know.

My worry level about Bundy's conditioning is essentially zero. Getting back feel and command of all his pitches is all I care about. If he can do that, he'll be the dominant pitcher we all thought he'd be by now, but for the injury setbacks.

He is now a man. Not a boy. Look at Mike Trout.

How can you possibly look at a picture of him in that shirt and make the determination that he is "noticeably softer" in the middle? Do you see all that fabric bunching? How can you tell what is under it?

Are you one of those peeps who x-ray pictures of celebrities?

How can you possibly look at a picture of him in that shirt and make the determination that he is "noticeably softer" in the middle? Do you see all that fabric bunching? How can you tell what is under it?

Are you one of those peeps who x-ray pictures of celebrities?

You act like it is a loose fitting shirt. It isn't just the shirt. You can look at his face and neck and tell he has gained a little fat. Weams's Trout comparison is probably an apt comparison. No one is saying he is in terrible shape but this is a guy who used to be in Brady Anderson-like shape. That is no longer the case. Perhaps he is intentionally carrying more weight because he loses it during the course of the year. I don't know.

All of this is only a concern if it is a sign of lack of dedication since the one thing he has consistently prided himself on is being in tip top shape.

Archived